Re: Win 7 image to usb hard drive -- make secure?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, May 2, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "fatfreek" <> wrote in

    > I am pleased that my new Win 7 Home Premium is able to create an image
    > backup to my external hard drive. I did this in my account which has
    > Administrator privileges.
    >
    > My question is security. Out of curiosity I took that hard drive next
    > door to my sis-in-law as she also has a Win 7 machine. I used her
    > account which likewise has Administrator privileges. I was actually
    > disappointed that I could use her Explorer to look at the listing of
    > those files.
    >
    > Is there some way I can password protect this disk, the folder the
    > backup is in, or -- at the very least -- alter the permissions so that
    > only I can gain access to them?

    Have her *not* use the administrator account. Nor anyone not using the
    computer *ever* unless there is no other way to do something - such as
    installing/uninstalling AV software.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 2, 2010