Re: Win 7 drivers for HP printers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by VanguardLH, May 5, 2011.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    Bill Stanton wrote:

    > Has anyone come across a source for "Generic IEEE 1284.4 Printing
    > Support"? In migrating to Win 7 Pro Sp1, I'm needing to install a HP
    > LaserJet 3550n. I've not had any luck with HP support, at least in my
    > searches.

    Did support for the printer end before Windows 7 got released (or before
    Microsoft started development on it and provided preview releases to
    device manufacturers)? If the product got dropped before Windows 7 then
    it's not just that a printer maker doesn't want to support an OS but
    that they won't expend the resources and manpower on developing software
    for an unsupported product.

    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF10a/18972-18972-3328060-15077-236268-411171.html

    That page says the product was discontinued but not when.

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...odTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=411171&taskId=135

    That doesn't list Windows 7 as a supported OS. Tis the problem when
    moving forward in OS versions as it's your responsibility to ensure all
    your old hardware can move forward.

    Have you tried XP Mode to see if the HP software will install there?
    The Vista driver doesn't work under Windows 7?

    VanguardLH, May 5, 2011