Re: Win 7 changing font sizes without icon sizes?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Mar 21, 2010.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:18:12 -0500, Jane Galt wrote:

    >How can I change the font sizes in Win 7 without also making the icons
    >bigger?

    So what did you do to make the icons bigger? You just undo that.

    It's likely the same as many other versions of Windows.

    >I need bigger fonts in Mailwasher but there's no way to change them in the
    >program itself, so I figure I can just make the windows 7 system fonts
    >bigger? But when I do that on the screen that allows you to pick just 3

    What screen, what options?

    >choices, the icons get bigger too, and I dont want that.

    Control Panel, Appearance , Display.
    Assuming the 3 options you mean are 100,125 and 150%
    which apply, as it says to text and other items.

    That's a new option in Win7.

    The previous versions option Custom DPI Settings, is still there I
    usually put this to 110 or 120%

    The options under appearance that used to be there (XP and before),
    selecting window text, tile bar, icon, text don't appear any more. This
    may mean I have to stick to XP for a while longer.

    Those were Appearance - Font & Appearance - Advanced. I have always used
    those options.

    They may be hidden somewhere....?

    Me
    why?, Mar 21, 2010