Re: Will my Fijifilm Finepix S5500 software work with Vista andWindows 7?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ray, Sep 23, 2009.

  1. ray

    ray Guest

    On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:01:22 -0500, Keeno wrote:

    > I am currently in the process of purchasing a new PC which will have
    > Windows Vista OR Windows 7.
    >
    > I have a Fijifilm Finepix S5500 Digital Camera.
    >
    > Will the software for said camera (which is around five years old) work
    > on my new operating system?
    >
    > Many thanks.

    If not, you could always install Linux - it will work just fine. Or use a
    USB card reader.
    ray, Sep 23, 2009

  2. Re: Will my Fijifilm Finepix S5500 software work with Vista and Windows 7?

    "ray" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:01:22 -0500, Keeno wrote:
    >
    >> I am currently in the process of purchasing a new PC which will have
    >> Windows Vista OR Windows 7.
    >>
    >> I have a Fijifilm Finepix S5500 Digital Camera.
    >>
    >> Will the software for said camera (which is around five years old) work
    >> on my new operating system?
    >>
    >> Many thanks.

    > If not, you could always install Linux - it will work just fine. Or use a
    > USB card reader.

    USB Card readers always work whatever the operating system. The cameras
    supplied programs are usually not worth bothering with.
    See:-
    http://fujifilm.metafaq.com/templat...on Microsoft Windows Vista?&_mftvst:topicID=$
    which might help.
    The Lord of the Dark, Oct 6, 2009