Re: Will it break the $3,000 mark?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Mitchum, Feb 6, 2007.

  1. Paul Mitchum

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    Rita Ä Berkowitz <> wrote:

    > Skip wrote:
    >
    > > A lot of newsgroups that I'm on do not allow crossposting, some quite
    > > rabidly. If it were me, I'd do exactly what Rita did, if I felt the
    > > compelling need to post the message to more than one group. I'd
    > > post, group by group, rather than crosspost. I don't see why it's
    > > such a problem to so many people that she exerted more than necessary
    > > energy putting this on multiple newsgroups. After all, it's her
    > > energy they perceive as wasted, not theirs...

    > I guess it all depends on who is doing the posting that brings out the
    > whiners. Allen Brown just did the same as me and the traditional
    > malcontents didn't chime in. It all revolves around my fan base.

    If you weren't spamming three of the photography newsgroups I read with
    ebay auction spam, I wouldn't have complained. I don't care whether the
    lens breaks the $3,000 mark. But I have to care at least three times
    because I see the same subject three times, and that's annoying. It's
    not that the world revolves around you, it's that you did something
    annoying.

    If Allen Browne (or however it's spelled) does the same thing, it annoys
    me, as well. I just haven't seen it. If you feel singled out, then too
    bad, so sad. But it does happen quite a bit around here, and it's
    annoying, and I framed my complaint as a general one.

    Here's my advice to you: If you're considering multiposting, but you
    don't think you'll be participating in all of the conversations you
    start, then either remove newsgroups from the distribution until you're
    left with conversations you'll participate in, or crosspost. Or combine
    the two approaches and crosspost to a more limited number of newsgroups.
    And if you're going to spam, crosspost with a reasonable subject line
    like, 'FA: Super-baddass Nikkor night-vision lens with a cherry on top.'

    > Plus, multiple posting is far easier and consumes less mouse clicks than
    > crossposting.

    Cry me a river.

    Paul Mitchum, Feb 6, 2007

  2. Paul Mitchum

    Doug Payne Guest

    What I consider 'spam' is not the occasional post about an eBay auction
    that might be of some interest, but rather all the incessant snivelling
    and whining that goes on about after the fact.

    Doug Payne, Feb 6, 2007

  3. Paul Mitchum wrote:

    >> I guess it all depends on who is doing the posting that brings out
    >> the whiners. Allen Brown just did the same as me and the traditional
    >> malcontents didn't chime in. It all revolves around my fan base.

    > If you weren't spamming three of the photography newsgroups I read
    > with ebay auction spam, I wouldn't have complained. I don't care
    > whether the lens breaks the $3,000 mark. But I have to care at least
    > three times because I see the same subject three times, and that's
    > annoying. It's not that the world revolves around you, it's that you
    > did something annoying.

    Look, Tyrone. If you haven't a clue what spam is maybe you better look it
    up. This eBay auction was posted for the sole purpose of demonstrating what
    a real lens sells for and why it holds it value so well. A lot of people
    are curious why this lens is so valuable.

    > If Allen Browne (or however it's spelled) does the same thing, it
    > annoys me, as well. I just haven't seen it. If you feel singled out,
    > then too bad, so sad. But it does happen quite a bit around here, and
    > it's annoying, and I framed my complaint as a general one.

    No, I don't feel singled out nor do I care if some nitwit or malcontent
    feels annoyed that I properly post important information to a discussion
    group. If you don't like seeing my posts you can silently <PLONK> me and
    get on with your life. But, I guess you'd rather demonstrate that you're an
    asshole that likes whining?

    > Here's my advice to you: If you're considering multiposting, but you
    > don't think you'll be participating in all of the conversations you
    > start, then either remove newsgroups from the distribution until
    > you're left with conversations you'll participate in, or crosspost.
    > Or combine the two approaches and crosspost to a more limited number
    > of newsgroups. And if you're going to spam, crosspost with a
    > reasonable subject line like, 'FA: Super-baddass Nikkor night-vision
    > lens with a cherry on top.'

    Here's my advice to you: If you don't like reading good quality
    multipostings of great subjects that are on topic for these groups you can
    killfile me. And if you really think it is spam then you can play Joe Hero
    and complain to eBay and my ISP. I'm sure both will laugh at you since they
    know it's not me that's doing any spamming. Get a clue.

    >> Plus, multiple posting is far easier and consumes less mouse clicks
    >> than crossposting.

    > Cry me a river.

    No, but I'll tell you to go piss in your coffee.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Feb 6, 2007
  4. Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
    > Paul Mitchum wrote:

    > Here's my advice to you: If you don't like reading good quality
    > multipostings of great subjects that are on topic for these groups you can
    > killfile me.

    We're not talking about those. It's your crap I complain about.

    > And if you really think it is spam then you can play Joe Hero
    > and complain to eBay and my ISP. I'm sure both will laugh at you since
    > they
    > know it's not me that's doing any spamming. Get a clue.
    >
    >>> Plus, multiple posting is far easier and consumes less mouse clicks
    >>> than crossposting.

    >> Cry me a river.

    > No, but I'll tell you to go piss in your coffee.

    Hoooo-aaaaah. Such a macho reaction!

    --
    lsmft

    John McWilliams, Feb 6, 2007
  5. Paul Mitchum

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    Rita Ä Berkowitz <> wrote:

    > Paul Mitchum wrote:
    >
    > >> I guess it all depends on who is doing the posting that brings out
    > >> the whiners. Allen Brown just did the same as me and the traditional
    > >> malcontents didn't chime in. It all revolves around my fan base.

    > > If you weren't spamming three of the photography newsgroups I read
    > > with ebay auction spam, I wouldn't have complained. I don't care
    > > whether the lens breaks the $3,000 mark. But I have to care at least
    > > three times because I see the same subject three times, and that's
    > > annoying. It's not that the world revolves around you, it's that you
    > > did something annoying.

    > Look, Tyrone.

    Paul. Paul Mitchum. Like it says in the From: line.

    > If you haven't a clue what spam is maybe you better look it up. This eBay
    > auction was posted for the sole purpose of demonstrating what a real lens
    > sells for and why it holds it value so well. A lot of people are curious
    > why this lens is so valuable.

    Then. Say. So. If that's what you meant to talk about, you should have.
    It looks like spam to me, because it was a subject line with an ebay
    link, and very little else.

    > > If Allen Browne (or however it's spelled) does the same thing, it
    > > annoys me, as well. I just haven't seen it. If you feel singled out,
    > > then too bad, so sad. But it does happen quite a bit around here, and
    > > it's annoying, and I framed my complaint as a general one.

    > No, I don't feel singled out nor do I care if some nitwit or malcontent
    > feels annoyed that I properly post important information to a discussion
    > group. If you don't like seeing my posts you can silently <PLONK> me and
    > get on with your life. But, I guess you'd rather demonstrate that you're an
    > asshole that likes whining?

    It isn't that I don't like your posts. It's that I'm kinda tired of
    seeing multiposts to newsgroups I read.

    > > Here's my advice to you: If you're considering multiposting, but you
    > > don't think you'll be participating in all of the conversations you
    > > start, then either remove newsgroups from the distribution until you're
    > > left with conversations you'll participate in, or crosspost. Or combine
    > > the two approaches and crosspost to a more limited number of newsgroups.
    > > And if you're going to spam, crosspost with a reasonable subject line
    > > like, 'FA: Super-baddass Nikkor night-vision lens with a cherry on top.'

    > Here's my advice to you: If you don't like reading good quality
    > multipostings of great subjects that are on topic for these groups you can
    > killfile me. And if you really think it is spam then you can play Joe
    > Hero and complain to eBay and my ISP. I'm sure both will laugh at you
    > since they know it's not me that's doing any spamming. Get a clue.

    What, exactly, is your major malfunction, Rita?

    You're welcome to take my advice or not, or whatever. Or counter-plonk
    if it annoys you. Whatever.

    Paul Mitchum, Feb 7, 2007
  6. Paul Mitchum

    Mark² Guest

    Paul Mitchum wrote:
    > Rita Ä Berkowitz <> wrote:

    >>> If you weren't spamming three of the photography newsgroups I read
    >>> with ebay auction spam, I wouldn't have complained. I don't care
    >>> whether the lens breaks the $3,000 mark. But I have to care at least
    >>> three times because I see the same subject three times, and that's
    >>> annoying. It's not that the world revolves around you, it's that you
    >>> did something annoying.

    >> Look, Tyrone.

    > Paul. Paul Mitchum. Like it says in the From: line.
    >
    >> If you haven't a clue what spam is maybe you better look it up.
    >> This eBay auction was posted for the sole purpose of demonstrating
    >> what a real lens sells for and why it holds it value so well. A lot
    >> of people are curious why this lens is so valuable.

    > Then. Say. So. If that's what you meant to talk about, you should
    > have. It looks like spam to me, because it was a subject line with an
    > ebay link, and very little else.
    >
    >>> If Allen Browne (or however it's spelled) does the same thing, it
    >>> annoys me, as well. I just haven't seen it. If you feel singled out,
    >>> then too bad, so sad. But it does happen quite a bit around here,
    >>> and it's annoying, and I framed my complaint as a general one.

    >> No, I don't feel singled out nor do I care if some nitwit or
    >> malcontent feels annoyed that I properly post important information
    >> to a discussion group. If you don't like seeing my posts you can
    >> silently <PLONK> me and get on with your life. But, I guess you'd
    >> rather demonstrate that you're an asshole that likes whining?

    > It isn't that I don't like your posts. It's that I'm kinda tired of
    > seeing multiposts to newsgroups I read.
    >
    >>> Here's my advice to you: If you're considering multiposting, but you
    >>> don't think you'll be participating in all of the conversations you
    >>> start, then either remove newsgroups from the distribution until
    >>> you're left with conversations you'll participate in, or crosspost.
    >>> Or combine the two approaches and crosspost to a more limited
    >>> number of newsgroups. And if you're going to spam, crosspost with a
    >>> reasonable subject line like, 'FA: Super-baddass Nikkor
    >>> night-vision lens with a cherry on top.'

    >> Here's my advice to you: If you don't like reading good quality
    >> multipostings of great subjects that are on topic for these groups
    >> you can killfile me. And if you really think it is spam then you
    >> can play Joe
    >> Hero and complain to eBay and my ISP. I'm sure both will laugh at
    >> you since they know it's not me that's doing any spamming. Get a
    >> clue.

    > What, exactly, is your major malfunction, Rita?
    >
    > You're welcome to take my advice or not, or whatever. Or counter-plonk
    > if it annoys you. Whatever.

    Rita enjoys being an ass. Don't feed the troll.

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Feb 7, 2007
  7. Paul Mitchum

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    "Mark"" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > Paul Mitchum wrote:
    > > Rita Ä Berkowitz <> wrote:

    [..]
    > >> Here's my advice to you: If you don't like reading good quality
    > >> multipostings of great subjects that are on topic for these groups you
    > >> can killfile me. And if you really think it is spam then you can play
    > >> Joe Hero and complain to eBay and my ISP. I'm sure both will laugh at
    > >> you since they know it's not me that's doing any spamming. Get a
    > >> clue.

    > > What, exactly, is your major malfunction, Rita?
    > >
    > > You're welcome to take my advice or not, or whatever. Or counter-plonk
    > > if it annoys you. Whatever.

    > Rita enjoys being an ass. Don't feed the troll.

    Yeah, I got that. I was going to give her another go round to see my
    point, and then consider other options.

    --
    I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican
    friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we

    Paul Mitchum, Feb 7, 2007
  8. Paul Mitchum

    Mark² Guest

    Paul Mitchum wrote:
    > "Mark"" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >> Paul Mitchum wrote:
    >>> Rita Ä Berkowitz <> wrote:

    > [..]
    >>>
    >>> What, exactly, is your major malfunction, Rita?
    >>>
    >>> You're welcome to take my advice or not, or whatever. Or
    >>> counter-plonk if it annoys you. Whatever.

    >> Rita enjoys being an ass. Don't feed the troll.

    > Yeah, I got that. I was going to give her another go round to see my
    > point, and then consider other options.

    Rita is a guy... not a girl.

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Feb 7, 2007
  9. Paul Mitchum

    Matt Clara Guest

    > Paul Mitchum wrote:

    >> [..]

    >>> Rita enjoys being an ass. Don't feed the troll.

    >> Yeah, I got that. I was going to give her another go round to see my
    >> point, and then consider other options.

    > Rita is a guy... not a girl.

    Hey, it only went for $2900 anyway... (ouch!) I saw one go for a grand a
    month or so ago, and thought that was excessive.

    Matt Clara, Feb 9, 2007
  10. Matt Clara wrote:

    > Hey, it only went for $2900 anyway... (ouch!) I saw one go for a
    > grand a month or so ago, and thought that was excessive.

    That's a real kick in the ass for this fool. Selling a Noct for less than
    $3,000 is criminal and stupid. It's morons like this that dilute the real
    value of a lens. Here's one that just recently closed for $3,198.98.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ150089537713

    And here's one that broke $3,100 and still climbing.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ200076530823

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Feb 9, 2007
  11. "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message

    > Look, Tyrone. If you haven't a clue what spam is maybe you better look it
    > up. This eBay auction was posted for the sole purpose of demonstrating
    > what
    > a real lens sells for and why it holds it value so well.

    Nope it's sole purpose was to illicit interest in your ebay listing.

    > No, I don't feel singled out nor do I care if some nitwit or malcontent
    > feels annoyed that I properly post important information to a discussion
    > group.

    Where's the important information? That you have an ebay listing to promote
    is only important to yourself.

    > Here's my advice to you: If you don't like reading good quality
    > multipostings of great subjects that are on topic for these groups you can
    > killfile me.

    Where's the quality or great subject in posting a link to your ebay listing?

    > And if you really think it is spam then you can play Joe Hero
    > and complain to eBay and my ISP.

    Done.

    > No, but I'll tell you to go piss in your coffee.

    How pleasant.

    Jack Torrence, Feb 14, 2007
  12. Jack Torrence wrote:
    > "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    >> Look, Tyrone. If you haven't a clue what spam is maybe you better look it
    >> up. This eBay auction was posted for the sole purpose of demonstrating
    >> what
    >> a real lens sells for and why it holds it value so well.

    > Nope it's sole purpose was to illicit interest in your ebay listing.

    What makes you think that was his listing? I'm reasonably confident it
    wasn't; he was using it as an example for the discussion, exactly as he
    said.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Feb 14, 2007