Re: Will an xp home drive image run on xp pro?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühw¤£f, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. Meat Plow <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 20:21:41 -0500, Sarah Austin
    ><>wrote:
    >
    >>While looking forward to the new computer, I'm dreading the

    changeover
    >>from the old one.
    >>
    >>I'm gonna be switching from XP Home to an XP Pro system. ( gotta get

    Vista
    >>off the new one and install the XP Pro first )

    >You know what, you're an idiot.

    Nice autoflame, Spergs.

    >There is absolutely nothing wrong with
    >Vista Home.

    DRM ring any bells?

    >You are going to run into more trouble than you are
    >mentally equipped to handle by trying to migrate you XP Home
    >applications to XP Pro.

    Its how people learn. You gotta break a few eggs...

    >Leave Vista on the new PC and use Vista's Easy
    >Transfer and take what you can get. Move the rest of your DATA to the
    >external and piece it back together over a period of time.

    I'd say if you want to learn, sneck tinyXP and go from there.
    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 8, 2009

  2. §ñühw¤£f

    XS11E Guest

    Meat Plow <> wrote:

    > I'd say learn the simple steps to streamline Vista and forget tiny
    > XP and save yourself the time hunting down the drivers and apps
    > ripped out of tiny XP.

    I'd have to agree. At least the OP should give it a week or so before
    doing anything drastic....

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Sep 8, 2009

  3. In message <>, Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:40:57 +0000 (UTC), ???hw??f
    > <>wrote:
    >
    > >Meat Plow <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > >of<>:

    > >changeover

    > >Vista
    > >>
    > >>You know what, you're an idiot.

    > >Nice autoflame, Spergs.

    > Lack of knowing the term noted and laughed at till my sides split.

    Pot Farmer says what?
    ^_^

    > >>There is absolutely nothing wrong with
    > >>Vista Home.

    > >DRM ring any bells?

    > You not knowing a single thing about Vista ring any bells?

    Read /. much?

    > >>You are going to run into more trouble than you are
    > >>mentally equipped to handle by trying to migrate you XP Home
    > >>applications to XP Pro.

    > >Its how people learn. You gotta break a few eggs...

    > Spending endless hours upon endless hours pulling your hair out is not
    > learning.

    Your painful memory of your last bsod is noted.

    > >>Leave Vista on the new PC and use Vista's Easy
    > >>Transfer and take what you can get. Move the rest of your DATA to the
    > >>external and piece it back together over a period of time.
    > >>

    > >I'd say if you want to learn, sneck tinyXP and go from there.
    > >^_^

    > I'd say learn the simple steps to streamline Vista and forget tiny XP
    > and save yourself the time hunting down the drivers and apps ripped
    > out of tiny XP.

    I'd say bite my shiny metal ass.

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    Cash for *who*?
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 8, 2009
  4. In message <Xns9C805FA5D4FDCxs11eyahoocom@127.0.0.1>, XS11E wrote:
    > Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'd say learn the simple steps to streamline Vista and forget tiny
    > > XP and save yourself the time hunting down the drivers and apps
    > > ripped out of tiny XP.

    > I'd have to agree. At least the OP should give it a week or so before
    > doing anything drastic....

    THe sound of all this back slapping is quite deafening...

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 8, 2009
  5. §ñühw¤£f

    Andy Guest

    XS11E wrote:

    > Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'd say learn the simple steps to streamline Vista and forget tiny
    >> XP and save yourself the time hunting down the drivers and apps
    >> ripped out of tiny XP.

    > I'd have to agree. At least the OP should give it a week or so before
    > doing anything drastic....

    Windows 7 is out in about a month and a half. It's actually pretty good
    as far as Windows goes...

    --
    Registered Linux User #478766

    Andy, Sep 9, 2009
  6. Andy <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<4aa77537$0$27581$>:

    >XS11E wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'd say learn the simple steps to streamline Vista and forget tiny
    >>> XP and save yourself the time hunting down the drivers and apps
    >>> ripped out of tiny XP.

    >> I'd have to agree. At least the OP should give it a week or so

    before
    >> doing anything drastic....

    >Windows 7 is out in about a month and a half. It's actually pretty

    good
    >as far as Windows goes...

    Uh huh. And theres an excellent article on /. about how the teardrop
    attack is an issue, yet again.

    Discuss.

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 9, 2009