Re: WiFi set up help

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 4, 2007.

  1. Hi
    Step one. Check the Modem to make sure that there is No Ethernet connection
    too.
    Step two. If there is No Ethernet jack. Call BT and try to convince them to
    give you an External Ethernet Modem.
    Step three. BT does Not cooperate, buy your own External Ethernet Modem.
    When you have such a Modem buy a Wireless Cable/DSL Router.
    There is also combos of DSL Modem/Wireless Router. In the USA I would
    recommend to stay away from them, but they are rather popular in the UK
    because of the steep price of independent units.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Wireless novice!" <Wireless novice!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:...

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 4, 2007