Re: Wierd problem blocking access to certain sites but not otherson broadband

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühw¤£f, Nov 6, 2009.

  1. ~BD~ wrote:
    > §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >> ~BD~ <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk> pinched out a steaming pile of

    >>> You are most welcome, JD - thank you for replying! :)
    >>>
    >>> I believe you are correct when you say "the potential of this should
    >>> be obvious" but it is not easy to find information on this subject.
    >>> AFAICT there is no way of knowing if one's router *has* been
    >>> compromised (but I'm willing to learn!)
    >>>
    >>> All one can do, I believe, if one *thinks* one may have been
    >>> compromised (i.e. you!) is to reset one's router to factory
    >>> conditions. My understanding is that you must do this by physically
    >>> connecting a computer to the router with an Ethernet cable (i.e It
    >>> cannot be done wirelessly).
    >>>
    >>> The *real* problem, as *I* see it, is that even if one does this
    >>> *reset* of one's router - one may inadvertently revisit the
    >>> malicious site which first attacked you - and you'll not know that
    >>> it has happened all over again!
    >>>
    >>> I hope this makes sense. It's an evil world in which we live!
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Dave

    >> Nice reacharound.
    >>
    >> I dont beleive a word of this.
    >>
    >> Jus Sayin[tm]
    >>

    > Have you done some subsequent research, John?

    Its strikes me as exceedingly odd that a random poaster poasts a random
    question that you of all people have just the answer to.
    Heh...

    www.urbandictionary.com is still up...

    --
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S39MhPrLQz4

    www.snuhwolf.9f.com | http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
    :. .::' ::: : `: .:::
    `: .:: : : .::'
    : .:: . :. .::
    : ::' `: .::.
    .\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
    :.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
    ::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
    : `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
    . :' .::. .: .:: :
    : :' ::: :' .:: .
    : `:: : .::
    :' .::. .: .:::
    : .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
    : .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    `._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _ Seal _
    ~~~ :: :: ~~~

    §ñühw¤£f, Nov 6, 2009

  2. §ñühw¤£f

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 22:40:55 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > Dave ( <sigh> I've never had one, either!)

    Never saw the Golden Rivet in all those years, eh?

    --
    Elmo McElroy: If I wanted cuisine, I'd have gone to Paris
    Felix DeSouza: You can still go to France. It's full of pricks. They hate

    Aardvark, Nov 6, 2009