Re: widows xp resizing images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hal Lowe, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Hal Lowe

    Hal Lowe Guest

    "chaz" <> wrote in message
    > I once very quickly resized lots of images with xp to (what they

    considered
    > to be) medium and small sizes and saved them all to a new folder, but I
    > tried to do it again and cant seem to work out how I did it. I tried

    looking
    > in the help file but no luck. any ideas?
    >
    > chaz

    Hello Chaz,

    Open a folder/window containing the pictures of interest. Select those you
    wish to alter. Right click and select "Resize Pictures." You'll see the
    list of choices that you're referring to above.

    Regards,

    Hal Lowe
    www.halowe-graphics.com/send_email_new.html
    www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
    (digital photography resources)
    Hal Lowe, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Hal Lowe

    Hal Lowe Guest

    "chaz" <> wrote in message

    > > Open a folder/window containing the pictures of interest. Select those

    > you
    > > wish to alter. Right click and select "Resize Pictures." You'll see

    the
    > > list of choices that you're referring to above.

    > yeah that's what I thought.... but I swear I don't have that option on

    right
    > click now! I've re read the options several times now but no resize!
    > that was a really handy way for me to resize too!
    >
    > chaz

    Hmmm...well, I believe the functionality is added with Windows PowerToys.
    So, either you've uninstalled them or they've decided not to work for some
    reason (perhaps something you added later caused a problem).

    Anyway, try reinstalling WinXP PowerToys and see if that fixes the problem.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...C56CD979D05&freetext=Powertoys&DisplayLang=en

    If this link doesn't work for you, just go the Windows update page and click
    on "All Products|Downloads."

    Good luck,

    Hal Lowe, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Hal Lowe

    Hal Lowe Guest

    Actually, this is probably a better link:

    Hal Lowe, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Hal Lowe

    chaz Guest

    thanks!
    chaz, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Hal Lowe

    Mikey Guest

    do you have the resizer installed? It's not built in, you have to get it.
    It's free though.. well worth getting for any XP user, it's handy at times
    even if you normally use other tools for editing.

    Mikey
    http://www.mike721.com

    Mikey, Aug 7, 2003