Re: Why Upload Movies in Parts?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gangle, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. gangle

    gangle Guest

    "Raymond Donzdorf" wrote
    > I can only guess it is because newsgroups allow only a certain amount of KB
    > as attachments.
    >
    > Now here is the real question: Why do 50% of all uploaded
    > movies missing the first segment or 1/of.

    The answer is simple: your news server sucks. Get a premium
    news server -- the best is Giganews -- and you will see
    99+% completion.
    https://secure.giganews.com/signup/cgi-bin/service.cgi?a=newzbot

    gangle, Jul 2, 2003

  2. gangle

    netuser

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Would really like to know

    Yes, my news server sucks, but that doesn't really answer the question. Is there some annoying malicious sysop out there going through servers, deleting the first segments so the remaining are useless? Why not delete everything if they're trying to make space?

    netuser, Sep 17, 2009