Re: Why not UK? Suppose to be so good..

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian Cryer, Nov 23, 2010.

  1. Brian Cryer

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Bullwinkle" <> wrote in message
    > RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia's 86-year-old King Abdullah handed
    > over
    > duties to his crown prince on Monday and left to the United States for
    > treatment over a blood clot and slipped disc, the palace said.

    <snip>

    There are probably many reasons, but I can think of a few straight of:

    1. Politics. If the US is an ally then he's probably familiar with the US.

    > Abdullah rose to the throne of this key U.S. ally and oil power in 2005
    > after the death of King Fahd, another of his half brothers, though he had
    > already been a de-facto ruler for half a decade.

    2. If he's going to the more southern latitudes then its probably warmer in
    the US at this time of year than in the UK.

    3. He probably earns more air miles than he would with a trip to the UK ...
    (grin).

    I wish him well for his treatment.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Nov 23, 2010

  2. Brian Cryer

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-23, Brian Cryer <> wrote:
    > "Bullwinkle" <> wrote in message
    >> RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia's 86-year-old King Abdullah handed
    >> over
    >> duties to his crown prince on Monday and left to the United States for
    >> treatment over a blood clot and slipped disc, the palace said.

    > <snip>
    >
    > There are probably many reasons, but I can think of a few straight of:
    >
    > 1. Politics. If the US is an ally then he's probably familiar with the US.
    >
    >> Abdullah rose to the throne of this key U.S. ally and oil power in 2005
    >> after the death of King Fahd, another of his half brothers, though he had
    >> already been a de-facto ruler for half a decade.

    > 2. If he's going to the more southern latitudes then its probably warmer in
    > the US at this time of year than in the UK.
    >
    > 3. He probably earns more air miles than he would with a trip to the UK ...
    > (grin).
    >
    > I wish him well for his treatment.

    4. Anything paid for in US Dollars is effectively free, for the Saudi
    Royals.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 23, 2010

  3. Brian Cryer

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2010-11-23, Brian Cryer <> wrote:
    >> "Bullwinkle" <> wrote in message
    >>> RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia's 86-year-old King Abdullah handed
    >>> over
    >>> duties to his crown prince on Monday and left to the United States for
    >>> treatment over a blood clot and slipped disc, the palace said.

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> There are probably many reasons, but I can think of a few straight of:
    >>
    >> 1. Politics. If the US is an ally then he's probably familiar with the
    >> US.
    >>
    >>> Abdullah rose to the throne of this key U.S. ally and oil power in 2005
    >>> after the death of King Fahd, another of his half brothers, though he
    >>> had
    >>> already been a de-facto ruler for half a decade.

    >> 2. If he's going to the more southern latitudes then its probably warmer
    >> in
    >> the US at this time of year than in the UK.
    >>
    >> 3. He probably earns more air miles than he would with a trip to the UK
    >> (grin).
    >>
    >> I wish him well for his treatment.

    > 4. Anything paid for in US Dollars is effectively free, for the Saudi
    > Royals.
    >
    > --
    > -- Whiskers

    America can have him, we don't want him.
    There are too many bloody Arabs here.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Nov 23, 2010