Re: Why is everyone down on Packet8?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Kyler Laird, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Kyler Laird

    Kyler Laird Guest

    "Mike Sussman" <> writes:

    >So, for now I still have to keep my Vonage line (gotta have fax, although it
    >is kinda shakey on Vonage, at least it works)

    This surprises me. I'd expect that someone who uses VoIP would be
    able to figure out how to use 'net fax services (and prefer them
    to analog-digital-analog kludges). Am I missing some key problem?

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Kyler Laird

    Mike Sussman Guest

    Primarily this is for the wife. It is still easier to drop a sheet into a
    fax machine and hit a button, versus scanning it, then bringing up the fax
    app. Also, with the fax machine you know when the fax comes in. You don't
    have to bring up any app to make sure that you haven't received a fax. (or
    leave the computer running for that matter)

    The key problem is familiarity.

    And I suggested that we go the other route and she didn't like it, for one,
    and for two it was difficult to get a local number for the fax services...

    Mike Sussman, Jun 29, 2003