Re: Why I won't buy a Sony NEX yet

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Peter N, Feb 10, 2011.

  1. Peter N

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/8/2011 7:32 PM, Bowser wrote:
    > On 2/8/2011 6:06 PM, Rich wrote:
    >> Even though they could be terrific cameras, great sensor, compact,
    >> compatible with all sorts of manual legacy lenses, etc., without an EVF,
    >> they are not acceptable. Why is it so hard for Sony to do what Olympus
    >> and
    >> Panasonic have already done? Especially Olympus which has produced a very
    >> good clip-on EVF. I hope the NEX 7 has an EVF, but I doubt it will.

    > I'm betting that a clip on EVF is coming. I haven't seen as much as a
    > rumor, but it makes sense.

    I use one, complete with wireless remote control. I put the D300 in live
    view mode and save a lot of bending.

    <http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm?page=dslrremotecontrols&id=65&pId=65>

    --
    Peter

    Peter N, Feb 10, 2011

  2. Peter N

    Rich Guest

    On Feb 10, 9:34 am, Peter N <> wrote:
    > On 2/8/2011 7:32 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >
    > > On 2/8/2011 6:06 PM, Rich wrote:
    > >> Even though they could be terrific cameras, great sensor, compact,
    > >> compatible with all sorts of manual legacy lenses, etc., without an EVF,
    > >> they are not acceptable. Why is it so hard for Sony to do what Olympus
    > >> and
    > >> Panasonic have already done? Especially Olympus which has produced a very
    > >> good clip-on EVF. I hope the NEX 7 has an EVF, but I doubt it will.

    > > I'm betting that a clip on EVF is coming. I haven't seen as much as a
    > > rumor, but it makes sense.

    > I use one, complete with wireless remote control. I put the D300 in live
    > view mode and save a lot of bending.

    A D300 in live view mode is an excercise is sheer frustration. The
    focusing speed is glacial.

    Rich, Feb 10, 2011

  3. Peter N

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/10/2011 1:22 PM, Rich wrote:
    > On Feb 10, 9:34 am, Peter N<> wrote:

    >>> I'm betting that a clip on EVF is coming. I haven't seen as much as a
    >>> rumor, but it makes sense.

    >> I use one, complete with wireless remote control. I put the D300 in live
    >> view mode and save a lot of bending.
    >>

    > A D300 in live view mode is an excercise is sheer frustration. The
    > focusing speed is glacial.

    Are you aware of any landscapes or flowers that grow at other than
    glacial speed.
    Do you ever prefocus?

    --
    Peter