    In Safe Mode, too.

    Thanks,

    Joseph

    Joseph Ladovic, May 24, 2005

  2. From: "Joseph Ladovic" <>

    | Hello,
    |
    | Please your advice.
    |
    | Why I can not remove all dialers after "remove"-I have two anti-dialers
    | programs.
    | After Restart it repeats itself again.
    | In Safe Mode, too.
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Joseph

    1) Download the following item...

    Adaware SE (Free personal version)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    2) Update Adaware with latest definitions.
    3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    5) Using Adaware SE, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete
    any parasites found.
    6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using Adaware
    7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
    System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    8) Reboot your PC.
    9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point

    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, May 25, 2005

  3. Joseph Ladovic

    nemo_outis Guest

    "Joseph Ladovic" <> wrote in news:d70bga$v6p$1
    @garrison.globalnet.hr:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Please your advice.
    >
    > Why I can not remove all dialers after "remove"-I have two anti-dialers
    > programs.
    > After Restart it repeats itself again.
    > In Safe Mode, too.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Joseph

    This is not to dump on you, but yo point you towards a better resource.
    You'd be better off asking these sorts of questions in alt.privacy.spyware.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, May 25, 2005
  4. Joseph Ladovic

    Winged Guest

    Re: Why I can not remove all dialers after "remove"-I have two anti-dialersprograms

    > "Joseph Ladovic" <> wrote in news:d70bga$v6p$1
    > @garrison.globalnet.hr:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>Please your advice.
    >>
    >>Why I can not remove all dialers after "remove"-I have two anti-dialers
    >>programs.
    >>After Restart it repeats itself again.
    >>In Safe Mode, too.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Joseph

    Heh I can answer his question. The best fix is to format and start
    over. While this is a painful solution, it is the right one. If stuff
    has infested to the point where the box owner has lost control of the
    device it is highly probable that crud has been loaded that is
    undetectable by most tools. You can stabilize a system to get user
    files off, but once activity this user has identified occurs, tis best
    to be rebuilt. Good article at SANs on how to do this:

    Combating Windows Malware Tutorial (using WinXP Pro)
    http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2005-05-24

    Sure you can spend hours cleaning up the system and have near a virgin
    system, but you can never be sure that you have not left something
    behind. This is especially true if you have not checksummed your files
    and logged file dates for validation. Once virginity is lost, it is
    hard to fully trust a system again especially if the system has been
    compromised. There are many exploits that simply replace a system DLL
    with one that has been modified. One can do most anything to a system
    this way if you are using custom code, and no virus or spyware tool that
    I am aware of will see anything abnormal if the code is original. I
    suspect this person may have more than common spyware. The is some new
    code floating around written by a crapware developer that puts the hurt
    on a system very quickly. Good review of activity:

    http://www.mnin.org/write/2005_trimode.html

    While the immunizations spybot can give you is useful, and good for some
    minor exploits, it is best to rebuild a system once it has been compromised.

    Winged

    Winged, May 26, 2005