Re: Why has this Become a Very SICK New Group.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by peterwn, Apr 12, 2008.

  1. peterwn

    peterwn Guest

    On Apr 12, 12:16 pm, Brian Mathews
    <> wrote:
    > CAN WE PLASE STOP THIS UTTER NONSENCE OF MS V LUNIX, ITS GETTING VERY BORING AND DON'T FORGET THE
    > WHOLE WORLD SEES THESE POST AND I WONDER WHAT THEY THINK OF NEW ZEALAND.
    >
    > JUST A BUNCH OF WANKERS.

    This is precisely the sort of sentiment that Micro$oft would want to
    see stirred up and this is no doubt one of the briefs of Microsoft
    shills.

    Just get it into your thick head, Brian, that this is the nz.comp
    newsgroup, not the nz.comp.microsoft newsgroup. If seeing postings
    mentioning Linux, GNU, ODF, OO, GPL etc drives you crazy, then why do
    not you and your mates lobby the powers that be to set up a
    nz.comp.microsoft group so you guys can play quite happily in the
    Microsoft sand pit, without having your minds polluted by non-
    Microsoft thoughts.

    peterwn, Apr 12, 2008

  2. In article <1b47312d-3995-4e51-8df5-14aae123cbf7
    @q1g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, says...
    > This is precisely the sort of sentiment that Micro$oft would want to
    > see stirred up and this is no doubt one of the briefs of Microsoft
    > shills.
    >
    > Just get it into your thick head, Brian, that this is the nz.comp
    > newsgroup, not the nz.comp.microsoft newsgroup.

    Reading comprehension?

    For once, I see myself in the position of defending Roger. He
    isn't complaining about linux posts, he's complaining about the
    'my os is bigger/better/faster than yours' and the constant
    advocacy-by-way-of-bashing. I am no mean Microsoft basher
    myself, have a bunch of negative things to say about their OS,
    their internet apps, and, in the past, their 'language suites'.
    Certain MS frothing-at-the-mouth protagonists have long since
    hit by bit-bucket.

    Regardless, the constant bangings on about Dimdows and Visaster
    are starting to get my goat as well. Feels like someone is
    constantly bashing on a cracked aluminium pot with a wooden
    spoon next to my head. Bang bang bang.

    At least one person is about to join that other crowd. In fact,
    it's gotten to the point already that every time I see a thread
    started by him, I automatically hit the 'ignore thread' button.
    So one pisses away one's credibility.

    I don't agree that this is a sick newsgroup, but I think some
    people are in danger of becoming obsessive.

    regds, -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Apr 12, 2008

  3. peterwn

    peterwn Guest

    On Apr 12, 11:22 pm, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)>
    wrote:
    > "peterwn" <> wrote in message
    >

    > A few Linux users aren't happy with what others are choosing to use. Sad
    > people like you and David are in a very small minority out of the total
    > number of all computer users that take part in this computer group.

    I do not think that at all. My concern is however being forced to buy
    and use Microsoft products because outfits with whom the public
    interact choose to use Micosoft-centric browsers, file formats etc
    instead of standard ones that can be accessed by alternative types of
    computers (especially ones that do not use the '86' type processors),
    operating systems and application software.

    It is generally accepted that Microsoft as part of its business model
    'configures' its products and marketing to keep customers 'locked in'
    which is of course the customers' own business if they are using
    Microsoft systems for their internal operations. However it becomes
    every one business when people are effectively coerced into buying
    Microsoft products where they would prefer to use alternative
    products.

    The other bone of contention is the 'Microsoft tax' that Microsoft
    succeeds levying on most new computer sales.

    In a free society all these matters are open for discussion, debate
    and lobbying via newsgroups etc. If this alters public opinion, this
    is the name of the game.

    Now, Microsoft would prefer to see such debate 'shut down' as it
    potentially has an adverse effect on their business. Hence its vast
    network of shills to try and give 'its' side of the story eg dubious
    and lopsided statistics), to try and shut down comment and debate on
    alternative systems, and then finally nasty personal attacks.

    peterwn, Apr 12, 2008
  4. peterwn

    Bugalugs Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <1b47312d-3995-4e51-8df5-14aae123cbf7
    > @q1g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, says...
    >> This is precisely the sort of sentiment that Micro$oft would want to
    >> see stirred up and this is no doubt one of the briefs of Microsoft
    >> shills.
    >>
    >> Just get it into your thick head, Brian, that this is the nz.comp
    >> newsgroup, not the nz.comp.microsoft newsgroup.
    >>

    > Reading comprehension?
    >
    > For once, I see myself in the position of defending Roger. He
    > isn't complaining about linux posts, he's complaining about the
    > 'my os is bigger/better/faster than yours' and the constant
    > advocacy-by-way-of-bashing. I am no mean Microsoft basher
    > myself, have a bunch of negative things to say about their OS,
    > their internet apps, and, in the past, their 'language suites'.
    > Certain MS frothing-at-the-mouth protagonists have long since
    > hit by bit-bucket.
    >
    > Regardless, the constant bangings on about Dimdows and Visaster
    > are starting to get my goat as well. Feels like someone is
    > constantly bashing on a cracked aluminium pot with a wooden
    > spoon next to my head. Bang bang bang.
    >
    > At least one person is about to join that other crowd. In fact,
    > it's gotten to the point already that every time I see a thread
    > started by him, I automatically hit the 'ignore thread' button.
    > So one pisses away one's credibility.
    >
    > I don't agree that this is a sick newsgroup, but I think some
    > people are in danger of becoming obsessive.
    >
    > regds, -Peter

    Here here

    There are a number of people here who can't open their mouth without
    taking the opportunity to put down the 'other' system or to take over
    the thread to do so.

    Even to the extent of starting a troll about the 'opposing' system.

    It contributes nothing.

    Constructive discussion about a problem/issue and its resolution whether
    it be Windows or Linux is good but the constant harping on at every
    opportunity...............

    Get over it. You use Linux I use Windows, I use Shell you use BP, I
    drink Coke you drink Pepsi.

    Bugalugs, Apr 12, 2008
  5. peterwn

    Lodi Guest

    >On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:14:41 +1200, Bugalugs wrote:

    > Here here

    The pedant in me wants to tell you it's "hear, hear".
    The netizen in me says "who made you the net-police"

    > Get over it. You use Linux I use Windows, I use Shell you use BP, I
    > drink Coke you drink Pepsi.

    The Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers fan in me says....

    "You say neee-ther and I say nye-ther
    You say eee-ther and I say eye-ther
    Nee-ther, nye-ther, eee-ther, eye-ther
    Let's call the whole thing off..."

    Lodi
    :)

    Lodi, Apr 13, 2008
  6. In article <>, Peter Huebner
    did write:

    > Regardless, the constant bangings on about Dimdows and Visaster
    > are starting to get my goat as well. Feels like someone is
    > constantly bashing on a cracked aluminium pot with a wooden
    > spoon next to my head. Bang bang bang.

    Yes! This noisegroup needs to become more Politically Correct! Remember,
    other people are never "wrong", they are simply "differently right". We
    must be inclusive and accepting of the validity of ALL viewpoints!

    OK, on the count of three, everybody's brains will turn into bollox, after
    which we will all link hands and sing "Kumbayah". Ready? One ... two ...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 13, 2008
  7. peterwn

    Bugalugs Guest

    sam wrote:
    > Bugalugs wrote:
    >> Peter Huebner wrote:
    >>> In article <1b47312d-3995-4e51-8df5-14aae123cbf7
    >>> @q1g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, says...

    >>> Reading comprehension?
    >>>
    >>> For once, I see myself in the position of defending Roger. He isn't
    >>> complaining about linux posts, he's complaining about the 'my os is
    >>> bigger/better/faster than yours' and the constant
    >>> advocacy-by-way-of-bashing. I am no mean Microsoft basher myself,
    >>> have a bunch of negative things to say about their OS,
    >>> their internet apps, and, in the past, their 'language suites'.
    >>> Certain MS frothing-at-the-mouth protagonists have long since hit by
    >>> bit-bucket.
    >>>
    >>> Regardless, the constant bangings on about Dimdows and Visaster are
    >>> starting to get my goat as well. Feels like someone is constantly
    >>> bashing on a cracked aluminium pot with a wooden spoon next to my
    >>> head. Bang bang bang. At least one person is about to join that
    >>> other crowd. In fact, it's gotten to the point already that every
    >>> time I see a thread started by him, I automatically hit the 'ignore
    >>> thread' button.
    >>> So one pisses away one's credibility.
    >>>
    >>> I don't agree that this is a sick newsgroup, but I think some people
    >>> are in danger of becoming obsessive.
    >>>
    >>> regds, -Peter
    >>>

    >> Here here
    >>
    >> There are a number of people here who can't open their mouth without
    >> taking the opportunity to put down the 'other' system or to take over
    >> the thread to do so.
    >>
    >> Even to the extent of starting a troll about the 'opposing' system.
    >>
    >> It contributes nothing.
    >>
    >> Constructive discussion about a problem/issue and its resolution
    >> whether it be Windows or Linux is good but the constant harping on at
    >> every opportunity...............
    >>
    >> Get over it. You use Linux I use Windows, I use Shell you use BP, I
    >> drink Coke you drink Pepsi.

    > So what ?
    > Its their conversation, don't read it if you object.
    > Woger is a bozo most of the time, we still have to put up with him,

    So you haven't actually comprehended anything written above.

    > thats the way it is, so STFU with your whinging.

    Sure I will If you STFU slagging off

    Bugalugs, Apr 13, 2008