Re: Why does K-mart keep DVDs under glass?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Brian, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Wal-Mart is starting to do it too.

    Brian, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Brian

    Angry Gamer Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote:

    >Wal-Mart is starting to do it too.
    >
    >"Maverick" <> wrote in message
    >> This is totally ludicrous! How does one expect to enjoy their DVD
    >> shopping experience, hindered by having a sales clerk unlocking the
    >> glass door while waiting for you to make a selection (VHS tapes are not
    >> under a lock & key). I rarely shop at K-mart, but this is ridiculous for
    >> anti-theft devices, DVDs have enough secure tags and tape on the box.
    >>
    >> I bet K-mart loses a lot of DVD sales.

    The only movies I buy at walmart are the week they release and they have a huge
    block display right at the entrance (or exit if you are shoplifting)

    Angry Gamer, Jul 3, 2003

  3. to keep them fresh?? ;)

    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 4, 2003
  4. I haven't been to Kmart in a long time, but the last time I went, they had them
    in a glass cabinet. It was a pain in the ass to crouch around to see what
    titles they had in there.

    I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every
    other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking
    the locks, they are always locking three.
    - Elayne Boosler

    Remove "bination" to reply.

    Sydney Assbasket, Jul 4, 2003
  5. Brian

    DarkMatter Guest

    On 04 Jul 2003 18:47:56 GMT, ination (Sydney
    Assbasket ) Gave us:

    >I haven't been to Kmart in a long time, but the last time I went, they had them
    >in a glass cabinet. It was a pain in the ass to crouch around to see what
    >titles they had in there.

    K-Mart has the most retarded, most ridiculous policy on DVD
    marketing, display, and presentation I have ever seen in any retail
    store anywhere... ever. Some idiot in corporate thought it was a fad,
    and they never looked back. Their DVD sales figures MUST be among the
    lowest in the country for store chains that do their level of business
    to their demographic.

    >I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every
    >other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking
    >the locks, they are always locking three.

    Totally untrue. Someone that has enough brains to pick a lock also
    knows whether the lock is in open or closed position before he starts,
    and after he finishes. The door would be open in half the time as the
    same door with all six locked.

    DarkMatter, Jul 4, 2003
  6. Brian

    Guest

    On 3 Jul 2003 21:02:26 -0500, "Dr. Speedbyrd:>"
    <> wrote:

    >to keep them fresh?? ;)

    K-Mart is to White Trash thieves what C02 is to mosquitos.
    -Rich

    , Jul 5, 2003