Re: Why does K-mart keep DVDs under glass?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Angry Gamer, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Angry Gamer

    Angry Gamer Guest

    (Maverick) wrote:

    >This is totally ludicrous! How does one expect to enjoy their DVD
    >shopping experience, hindered by having a sales clerk unlocking the
    >glass door while waiting for you to make a selection (VHS tapes are not
    >under a lock & key). I rarely shop at K-mart, but this is ridiculous for
    >anti-theft devices, DVDs have enough secure tags and tape on the box.
    >
    >I bet K-mart loses a lot of DVD sales.

    Meijer does the same thing with video games so if you are not sure what you want
    you need to have your own personal assistant standing by with key to unlock the
    case so you can read the back of however many boxes it takes for you to make
    your decision.

    Games and DVD's both have those magnetic tabs stuck inside so the security
    excuse is pretty lame. Not to mention that all these stores have bubble cam
    survellience every 8'
    Angry Gamer, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Angry Gamer

    Jeeters Guest

    > Not to mention that all these stores have bubble cam
    > survellience every 8'

    not every bubble has a camera underneath. many are fakes.
    Jeeters, Jul 3, 2003