Re: Why does K-mart keep DVDs under glass?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Peter, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    A couple Walmarts in Canada began doing this, I simply stopped going to
    them, evidentally, so did a lot of other people, because within a month
    to two months, they got rid of the stupid cases and put them back to the
    shelves.

    Recently they added a sensor that BEEPED rather sharply, and loudly when
    someone passed by it, along with that, they had a clerk standing right
    outside the electronics department watching everyone like a hawk.

    Of course with so many people coming and going it would be like Beeeep
    beep beep beeeeep beeeeeep beep beeeeeep beeep beep beeeeep
    At ear pearcing levels.
    Then you'd get the one idiot that would stand there in front of the
    sensor and have
    beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
    going on forever, everyone else in the department is tearing, their ear
    drums are shattering, this guy is standing there "dumm dee dooo"
    Until a clerk finally says "excuse me sir, can you move." "Huh ? What?"
    "can you move please"
    "Huh why ?"
    beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
    "because you're blocking the sensor.."
    "huh, oh."

    Finally they got rid of that damn thing, now if they would only get rid
    of the damn Senior's gang that attacks you with stickers when you walk
    into Wal-mart with a bag from another store. (still don't get that one)

    --
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the
    computer you will find at least two human errors,
    Peter, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Peter

    abcd Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > Finally they got rid of that damn thing, now if they would only get rid
    > of the damn Senior's gang that attacks you with stickers when you walk
    > into Wal-mart with a bag from another store. (still don't get that one)

    It could be worse. They could force you to leave the bags at the front
    like Stupors... I mean Superstore.
    abcd, Jul 4, 2003