Re: Why does K-mart keep DVDs under glass?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by kaboom, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. kaboom

    kaboom Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 00:28:08 GMT, Aaron J. Bossig
    <> wrote:

    >kaboom <> said:
    >
    >> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:44:40 -0600 (MDT),
    >> (Maverick) wrote:
    >>
    >> >This is totally ludicrous! How does one expect to enjoy their DVD
    >> >shopping experience, hindered by having a sales clerk unlocking the
    >> >glass door while waiting for you to make a selection (VHS tapes are not
    >> >under a lock & key). I rarely shop at K-mart, but this is ridiculous for
    >> >anti-theft devices, DVDs have enough secure tags and tape on the box.
    >> >
    >> >I bet K-mart loses a lot of DVD sales.

    >> **Like Stan said: It's because of theft.

    >That would make sense, except... why do they display CDs on shelves two
    >aisles over? If DVDs are a theft target, why not CDs? They're smaller and
    >are often very high priced.

    **Maybe it's a leftover from when DVDs were fairly expensive. But
    you're right about the CDs. Or, perhaps, people are stealing far more
    DVDs than CDs. Just guessing...

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Jul 3, 2003