Re: Why do we bother?

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by EggHead, Jul 11, 2005.

  1. EggHead

    EggHead Guest

    B'cos there is so boring being a SW developer, easier than Msc, comes with a
    nice pin, and it is more avaiable than any girl in town.
    Just kidding :)
    Frist of all, I do not understand why you said he has a better CV than you.
    I think you have a better CV than him, are you a junior developer as well.
    Ok, if you too are in the same place for few yrs, then he has a way better
    CV than you. Cert alone is a only a piece of paper.
    EXP counts a lot in this field, I think a lot of employer find out that
    there is a big different in LOC production in inexp developer and exp
    developer, especially there is something that the exp developer had done it
    before.
    So never said a paper MCSD is better than a non MCSD with exp. I will hire
    a MCAD w/some exp in the field rather than a MCSD without any exp.

    Egghead

    EggHead, Jul 11, 2005

  2. EggHead

    Cinderella Guest

    No you are right experience is important and I do have a better CV than him.
    I'm actually one of the seniors in the team and it just really pissed me off
    that this guy would cheat so blatantly and be proud of the fact.

    Tantrum over :)

    Cinderella, Jul 11, 2005

  3. EggHead

    Ken Yu Guest

    Is that guy single or married? And are you a female or male?

    Ken Yu, Jul 11, 2005
  4. EggHead

    Saga Guest

    I am glad your tantrum is over, but I do hear what you are saying.

    I have 15 years experience with MS dev products and no certs; it
    certainly would upset me is some "punk" came along with a MSCD
    (or any other cert) obtained by just memorizing the answers.

    Good luck to you and Best Wishes!
    Saga

    Saga, Jul 11, 2005
  5. EggHead

    EggHead Guest

    haha, would this upset you more?
    A punk with few years commercial sw development experience (full cycle and
    few release version) with few certs that obtained by just memorizing the
    answers or what not ??? I am sure he/she has a way better CV :)
    Egghead

    EggHead, Jul 11, 2005
  6. EggHead

    Saga Guest

    Not so much if he can carry his/her own weight<g>

    Saga

    Saga, Jul 12, 2005