Re: Why are Symantec/Norton products such pieces of sh*t?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Allen Howell, Sep 23, 2003.

  1. Allen Howell

    Allen Howell Guest

    John, are you on dial up? I use the cable broadband and really don't see
    any slow down. I suppose that my NAV 2000 may not have all the functionality
    of 2004, I suppose that could make a difference.
    What do you mean by "activate" I am not trying to be a smart a$$, I really
    do not follow......
    I don't really have a preference, I used to use Mcafee, I currently use NAV,
    but I am also looking at AVG, and Trend.

    Allen

    Allen Howell, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Allen Howell

    Allen Howell Guest

    I had no idea 2004 was like that. I do not have a subscription but I pick up
    the free updates.
    I use free definitions, because like you I have several computers(4) going
    all the time, and I do not wish to pay for a network subscription. I update
    all pc's about once a week and everything has been fine for about a year and
    a half.
    I was warned to put some kind of AV on all pc's before networking.....I
    forgot one pc, it crashed in less than 72 hrs. Lesson learned!
    OH, thanks for the warning, I'll steer clear of NAV 2004

    Allen

    Allen Howell, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Allen Howell

    Guest

    NAV 2003 works like a charm for me.

    Gary

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:15:33 GMT, John <> wrote:

    >I used NAV 2000 and it worked like a charm. It quickly scanned e-mails
    >and Office docs with no noticeable delay at all. Use 2004, on the other
    >hand, and you'll see a noticeable delay. Would an end user notice? Maybe
    >not, depending on what they are used to. It doesn't work with the AOL
    >e-mail client, either, but it does scan stuff coming via some instant
    >message clients.

    , Sep 23, 2003
  4. My understanding is that the activation schemem for all Symantic 2004
    products is VERY similar to the Microsoft scheme for Windows XP, which
    has worked well, generally.

    I also understand that you get 5 activations, so you can either put it
    on 5 machines (once each, never making a "MAJOR" change to any of them)
    or you can put it on one machine and make "MAJOR" changes to that
    machine 5 times (over a period of time that might span several years).
    After that, you have to buy a new copy, that product key is dead forever.

    Anyway, that's what I've heard.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 24, 2003
  5. Allen Howell

    RussS Guest

    Hell, useless for me. I make a couple major changes a month with a couple
    of my machines - guess I will stick to 03

    ---

    RussS, Sep 24, 2003