Re: Who stands to benefit from C# stream of MCAD?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by jd@aol.com, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Guest

    In a discussion I had with a manager at Microsoft recently, I was told
    Microsoft plans to eventually stop supporting VB altogether and are
    pushing users towards C#. It doesn't make sense to me but that was
    from an internal meeting at Microsoft.

    On 24 Jun 2003 04:21:56 -0700, (Cherry)
    wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >I am a SE from NOIDA (India) with strong base in C++, VC++ and VFP.
    >Currently I'm working on VFP.
    >I studied VJ++ 3 years back, but never got opportunity to have work
    >expereince on it. Now I plan to clear MCAD with 315 and 316 papers.
    >Can anyone suggest whether it would prove any helpful in my career.
    >I am strongly inclined towards C, C++ and am quite confused whether C#
    >would prove beneficial when I keep hearing from all around me about
    >bright future of VB.Net.
    >
    >Cherry

    , Aug 27, 2003

  2. Kline Sphere Guest

    >In a discussion I had with a manager at Microsoft recently, I was told
    >Microsoft plans to eventually stop supporting VB altogether and are
    >pushing users towards C#. It doesn't make sense to me but that was
    >from an internal meeting at Microsoft.

    Can't see it myself. For a start there is no financial reason to do
    so.

    Kline Sphere, Aug 27, 2003