Re: Who is the biggest internet phone company in the world?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., Jun 21, 2011.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    <phonepro> wrote in message news:phonepro.4vo1tp@none...

    > Hi all, just a quicky. Does anyone have a clue who the biggest internet
    > phone company in the world is currently. Is it skype?
    > Thanks.
    >

    > --
    > phonepro
    > phonepro's Profile: http://www.techhelpcentre.com/member.php?userid=18
    > View this thread: http://www.techhelpcentre.com/showthread.php?t=910436

    It depends on how you define biggest.
    In terms of subscribers and internal call traffic I think they must be.
    In terms of paid for egress to the PSTN etc, I doubt it.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jun 21, 2011

  2. Graham.

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:36:37 +0100, "Graham." <> wrote:

    ><phonepro> wrote in message news:phonepro.4vo1tp@none...
    >>
    >> Hi all, just a quicky. Does anyone have a clue who the biggest internet
    >> phone company in the world is currently. Is it skype?
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >> --
    >> phonepro
    >> phonepro's Profile: http://www.techhelpcentre.com/member.php?userid=18
    >> View this thread: http://www.techhelpcentre.com/showthread.php?t=910436

    >It depends on how you define biggest.
    >In terms of subscribers and internal call traffic I think they must be.
    >In terms of paid for egress to the PSTN etc, I doubt it.

    It also depends on what is meant by "internet phone company". If
    companies that provide other telecom services in addition to VoIP
    count, then probably Verizon or NTT would be the largest.

    Chris
    Chris Blunt, Jun 21, 2011

  3. Graham.

    Woody Guest

    "Chris Blunt" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:36:37 +0100, "Graham." <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >><phonepro> wrote in message news:phonepro.4vo1tp@none...
    >>>
    >>> Hi all, just a quicky. Does anyone have a clue who the
    >>> biggest internet
    >>> phone company in the world is currently. Is it skype?
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> phonepro
    >>> phonepro's Profile:
    >>> http://www.techhelpcentre.com/member.php?userid=18
    >>> View this thread:
    >>> http://www.techhelpcentre.com/showthread.php?t=910436

    >>It depends on how you define biggest.
    >>In terms of subscribers and internal call traffic I think they
    >>must be.
    >>In terms of paid for egress to the PSTN etc, I doubt it.

    > It also depends on what is meant by "internet phone company".
    > If
    > companies that provide other telecom services in addition to
    > VoIP
    > count, then probably Verizon or NTT would be the largest.

    It also depends what you mean by 'phone company.' If you are
    talking service providers then I would have guessed one of the
    Jap or Koreans as most people over there have at least one phone.
    Also don't overlook BT either - they operate all over the place.

    If you mean equipment in terms of equipment in VoIP telephone
    systems (i.e. desk to desk) I would guess Cisco, especially after
    their acquisition of Linksys and a few others.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
    Woody, Jun 21, 2011