Re: "Who are Xnet?" Asks guy on the phone from Slingshot LOL

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by neutrino, Jul 14, 2008.

  1. neutrino

    neutrino Guest

    so Xnet are WorlxChange Communications - what's the reputation like
    and as an ISP - ? good ?

    So - getting back to Xnet (and off telemarketting)... how good are
    they???
    I see there Dial up for example - shows "From" $9.95 a month
    then it says Unlimited dial-up for $9.95....
    then..
    As a special reward for all our customers who have direct dial tolls
    we are offering a reduction on Dial-up Internet. Any WxC direct dial
    tolls customer who has Xnet Dial-Up will automatically have their
    internet reduced to $9.95 including GST

    So ~ umm... which is it ~ it IS $9.95 a month ?
    or it's $9.95 If you also take your Toll calls over as well ?
    Aaaah - there it is.. just below that on their page it says...
    To be eligible you just need to...

    Be a WxC direct dial tolls customer
    Be an Xnet Dial-up Customer .
    So... the first statement on the site - is an "eye Catcher" Unlimited
    Dial-Up for 9.95 .
    then you find out you have to also take your Tolls over as well...
    that's ok ~ just wish folk like this wouldnt catch my eye with a sweet
    deal - then add a bitter taste with a "But" ......

    I realise most of you out there are probably broadband'ers, but I
    find dial up serves my needs adequately, an dif I ever find I want/
    need to downlaod somethign Large - I just kick it off before bed - set
    the pc to auto switch off eithr at a set time or after the download is
    complete.)depend if it's a 'normal' download or if I use a downloader.

    anyone - have any experience with their toll costs - are they
    comparable to Slingshot ??
    if so ~ and they have good connection speed, reliable - I just might
    be tempted!!
    I'll have a look at their site and see if I can spot a page giving
    Toll costs...

    neutrino, Jul 14, 2008