Re: white background on webpages

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Aug 15, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    psitsmagic <> wrote in

    > On 13 Aug, 13:08, psitsmagic <> wrote:
    >> Ive just revived an old PC and connected it to the internet via WIFI.
    >> However on the google homepage the 'google' banner is missing with
    >> the exception of the 'UK' and Ive also been on the websites that i
    >> know have a coloured background and they are showing as a white
    >> background. Both IE and Firefox are the same.
    >>
    >> can anyone help please
    >> cheers

    > Thanks to all the top advice you gave guys....oh sorry wait a minute,
    > there wasnt any....all there was was bitching!
    >
    > If you are interested (and if not please feel free to type another
    > load of crap!) it was simply a case of unchecking the "Use high
    > contrast" in the accesibilty section within control panel.

    You never read my reply?

    Accessability merely modifies the display colours amoung other things.
    It's generally considered wise to completely uninstall accessability
    options unless you actually need them.

    What you found (or tested the group for) was an exception from normality.
    Accessability options change normal windows behavior a *lot*.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Aug 15, 2010

  2. "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > psitsmagic <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 13 Aug, 13:08, psitsmagic <> wrote:
    >>> Ive just revived an old PC and connected it to the internet via WIFI.
    >>> However on the google homepage the 'google' banner is missing with
    >>> the exception of the 'UK' and Ive also been on the websites that i
    >>> know have a coloured background and they are showing as a white
    >>> background. Both IE and Firefox are the same.
    >>>
    >>> can anyone help please
    >>> cheers

    >> Thanks to all the top advice you gave guys....oh sorry wait a minute,
    >> there wasnt any....all there was was bitching!
    >>
    >> If you are interested (and if not please feel free to type another
    >> load of crap!) it was simply a case of unchecking the "Use high
    >> contrast" in the accesibilty section within control panel.
    >>

    > You never read my reply?

    Hmmm, and just what was your reply? Oh yes, here it is:

    "start->settings->control panel display->appearance. Click on the dropdown
    marked "Item" and select Window. Change colour *from* white."

    Wonder why the OP couldn't figure out that when you said "display" that you
    really meant "accessibility".

    Oh well, you were at least in the ballpark --- after all, it *did* turn out
    to be something in the control panel, didn't it?

    Café Publico, Aug 15, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 05:43:44 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > amoung

    WTF?????

    --
    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
    Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and

    Aardvark, Aug 15, 2010