Re: white background on webpages

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Aug 13, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    psitsmagic <> wrote in

    > Ive just revived an old PC and connected it to the internet via WIFI.
    > However on the google homepage the 'google' banner is missing with the
    > exception of the 'UK' and Ive also been on the websites that i know
    > have a coloured background and they are showing as a white background.
    > Both IE and Firefox are the same.
    >
    > can anyone help please
    > cheers

    Assuming you're using *some* version of Consumer MS Windows - you don't
    say and you could be using anything on that computer.

    start->settings->control panel display->appearance. Click on the
    dropdown marked "Item" and select Window. Change colour *from* white.
    Note: this will also change the colour for *all* editors or text
    windows as well.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Aug 13, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    rf Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > psitsmagic <> wrote in
    >
    >> Ive just revived an old PC and connected it to the internet via WIFI.
    >> However on the google homepage the 'google' banner is missing with the
    >> exception of the 'UK' and Ive also been on the websites that i know
    >> have a coloured background and they are showing as a white background.
    >> Both IE and Firefox are the same.
    >>
    >> can anyone help please
    >> cheers

    > Assuming you're using *some* version of Consumer MS Windows - you don't
    > say and you could be using anything on that computer.
    >
    > start->settings->control panel display->appearance. Click on the
    > dropdown marked "Item" and select Window. Change colour *from* white.
    > Note: this will also change the colour for *all* editors or text
    > windows as well.

    Hmmm. Let me see here. The OP is complaining that backgrounds (images
    perhaps) on web pages are not showing up. That is, the background specified
    in either the HTML or the CSS, specifically directed at a browser.

    And here you are, Chucktard, are suggesting that the OP amend his operating
    system parameters so as to change the background colour of windows that pay
    attention to that setting. Windows like editors or "text windows". Do you
    not know that browsers display whatever background the HTML or CSS
    specifies, and that the OP has a problem with that?

    Fucking moron.

    rf, Aug 13, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 13/08/2010 13:22, chuckcar wrote:
    > psitsmagic<> wrote in
    >
    >> Ive just revived an old PC and connected it to the internet via WIFI.
    >> However on the google homepage the 'google' banner is missing with the
    >> exception of the 'UK' and Ive also been on the websites that i know
    >> have a coloured background and they are showing as a white background.
    >> Both IE and Firefox are the same.
    >>
    >> can anyone help please
    >> cheers

    > Assuming you're using *some* version of Consumer MS Windows - you don't
    > say and you could be using anything on that computer.
    >
    > start->settings->control panel display->appearance. Click on the
    > dropdown marked "Item" and select Window. Change colour *from* white.
    > Note: this will also change the colour for *all* editors or text
    > windows as well.

    You clueless fuckwit

    Desk Rabbit, Aug 13, 2010