Re: Which WLAN Card supports x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jesús Ramírez Guerrero, May 9, 2005.

  1. "Chris" <> escribió en el mensaje
    news:...
    > "Holger Pfister" wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks a lot for your help.
    >>
    >> I have to try to get this here in Frankfurt, Germany. But that should not
    >> be
    >> such a problem!
    >>
    >> Holger Pfister
    >>
    >> "Chris" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> news:...
    >> > My suggestion (see my earlier post) is to go by chipset driver, and
    >> > then
    >> > filter by OEM.
    >> > So far I found the following :
    >> > - Broadcom BC43xx chipset inbox , but only for secific HP vendor string
    >> > - RALINK 2500 chipset [OEM driver download at ralinktech.com]; driver
    >> > will
    >> > support all vendors using such chipset, such as Belkin (make sure you
    >> > see
    >> > version 3001 on the bottom of the box), Linksys WMP54G v4 , some Asus,
    >> > some
    >> > Microsoft MN* etc...
    >> > - RALINK has also x64 drivers for an USB wireless phy.
    >> >
    >> > Be extremely careful when buying hardware, to ensure what chipset is
    >> > used,
    >> > and how to recognize it on the the box. The main reason is because the
    >> > Microsoft XP logo 2.2 looks like the logo 1.9 , and also HCL is not
    >> > always
    >> > very clear and exhaustive ; also many manufacturers like Linksys or
    >> > Belkin
    >> > change chipsets every other day, and keep the same model number,
    >> > whereas
    >> > you
    >> > only see a version change. So if someone goes to Staples to get a
    >> > Belkin
    >> > B/G
    >> > card, they should make sure that the label under the box says "Version
    >> > 3001",
    >> > as this is the only way to tell if it's a RALINK 2500 chipset (desktop
    >> > or
    >> > pcmcia wireless adapters). In March, only 10% of the Staples stock in
    >> > New
    >> > York was version 3001....
    >> >
    >> > I think that until AMD Marketing dept. makes an x64 yellow sticker for
    >> > all
    >> > supported manufacturers, and makes it easy for all of us to empty store
    >> > shelves, it's best to call pre-sales and inquire about chipsets for
    >> > specific
    >> > versions of WiFi gear before opening one's wallet. It might take 2 or 3
    >> > calls, but it's worthwile.
    >> >
    >> > In addition, some utilities only work with the manufacturer's driver.
    >> > So
    >> > for
    >> > instance the Linksys WMP54G v4 can work with the RALINK 2500 OEM x64
    >> > drivers,
    >> > but the Linksys configuration suite will not interact with the RALINK
    >> > drivers, so you'll be limited to the native XP WiFi detection (no
    >> > signal
    >> > strength reading, etc...).
    >> >
    >> > That's why newsgroups are very valuable for hardware support. Lots of
    >> > people
    >> > had scanners or other WIA devices working well under x64, but never
    >> > bothered
    >> > mentioning it until finding out that there were support issues. There
    >> > was
    >> > some propaganda about 64-bit drivers being a requirement, but some fund
    >> > out
    >> > about thunking, WOW64 and certain WIA layers that Microsoft adapted to
    >> > allow
    >> > functionality of certain devices like scanners or cameras....
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > "Holger Pfister" wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> Hello,
    >> >>
    >> >> does somebody know, which wireless Lan Card currently already supports
    >> >> Windows XP X64?
    >> >>
    >> >> Thanks for your help!
    >> >>
    >> >> --
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >> Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus der Stadt des Euro
    >> >> With Regards from the City of the Euro
    >> >>
    >> >> Holger Pfister
    >> >>
    >> >> Internet: www.holger-pfister.de
    >> >>

    > Holger, here is a list of that use the Ralink RT2500 ChipsetA-Link WL54H,
    > WL54PC
    > Accton
    > Amigo AWI-926W, AWI-914W, AWI-922W
    > AMIT WL531P, WL531C, WL532U
    > AOpen AOI-831
    > ASUS WL-130g, WL-107G, WL-167g
    > Atlantis Land A02-PCI-W54, AO2-PCM-W54
    > Belkin F5D7000 v3001, F5D7010 v3001
    > Billionton MIWLGRL
    > Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-AI
    > Canyon CN-WF511, CN-WF513
    > CastleNet
    > CC&C WL-2102
    > CNet CWP-854, CWC-854, CWD-854
    > Compex WLP54G, WL54G, WLU54G
    > Conceptronic C54Ri, C54RC, C54RU
    > D-Link DWL-G122 b1 *
    > Delta Networks
    > Digitus DN-7006G-RA, DN-7001G-RA
    > E-Tech WGPI02, WGPI03?, WGPC02, WGPC03?, WGUS02
    > Edimax EW-7128g, EW-7108PCg
    > Eminent EM3037, EM3036, EM3032
    > Encore ENLWI-G-RLAM, ENPWI-G-RLAM, ENHWI-ARG-RLAM ?
    > Fiberline WL-400P, WL-400X
    > Gigabyte GN-WPKG, GN-WMKG, GN-WBKG, GN-WIKG
    > Hawking HWP54GR *, HWC54GR *
    > iNexQ CR054g-009 (R03) *
    > JAHT WN-4054PCI *, WN-4054P
    > LevelOne WNC-0301 v2 *, WPC-0301 v2 *, WBR-3406TX
    > Linksys, WMP54G v4 *, WUSB54G v4 *, WUSB54GP v4 *
    > Micronet SP906GK, SP908GK V3 *
    > Minitar MN54GPC-R MN54GCB-R
    > MSI PC54G2, MS-6834, CB54G2, MS-6835, MS-6861, MS-6865, MS-6869, MP54G2,
    > MS-6833\
    > OvisLink EVO-W54PCI
    > PheeNet HWL-PCIG/RA
    > Philips
    > Pro-Nets PC80211G, CB80211G
    > Repotec RP-WP0854, RP-WB7108, RP-WU0402
    > Roline RWA-54 ?, RWPC-54 ?
    > SATech SN-54P, SN-54C
    > Sitecom WL-115, WL-112
    > SparkLAN WL-685R
    > Sumvision
    > Surecom EP-9321-g, EP-9321-g1, EP-9428-g, EP-9001-g
    > Sweex LC700030, LC500050
    > TekComm NE-9321-g, NE-9428-g
    > Unex CR054g-R02, MR054g-R02
    > VTech
    > Zinwell ZWX-G361, ZWX-G160, ZWX-G261 ?, ZWX-G360
    > Zonet ZEW1600, ZEW1500
    >



    I have a Zaapa Wireless G PCI Card (CNet CWP-854 ) and works perfect under
    Windows xp64.
     
    Jesús Ramírez Guerrero, May 9, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Can you please try and type your reply above the quote? (Especially
    when you quote A LOT of text!)

    Thanks

    Jesús Ramírez Guerrero wrote:
    > "Chris" <> escribió en el mensaje
    > news:...
    >
    >>"Holger Pfister" wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Thanks a lot for your help.
    >>>
    >>>I have to try to get this here in Frankfurt, Germany. But that should not
    >>>be
    >>>such a problem!
    >>>
    >>>Holger Pfister
    >>>
    >>>"Chris" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>>news:...
    >>>
    >>>>My suggestion (see my earlier post) is to go by chipset driver, and
    >>>>then
    >>>>filter by OEM.
    >>>>So far I found the following :
    >>>>- Broadcom BC43xx chipset inbox , but only for secific HP vendor string
    >>>>- RALINK 2500 chipset [OEM driver download at ralinktech.com]; driver
    >>>>will
    >>>>support all vendors using such chipset, such as Belkin (make sure you
    >>>>see
    >>>>version 3001 on the bottom of the box), Linksys WMP54G v4 , some Asus,
    >>>>some
    >>>>Microsoft MN* etc...
    >>>>- RALINK has also x64 drivers for an USB wireless phy.
    >>>>
    >>>>Be extremely careful when buying hardware, to ensure what chipset is
    >>>>used,
    >>>>and how to recognize it on the the box. The main reason is because the
    >>>>Microsoft XP logo 2.2 looks like the logo 1.9 , and also HCL is not
    >>>>always
    >>>>very clear and exhaustive ; also many manufacturers like Linksys or
    >>>>Belkin
    >>>>change chipsets every other day, and keep the same model number,
    >>>>whereas
    >>>>you
    >>>>only see a version change. So if someone goes to Staples to get a
    >>>>Belkin
    >>>>B/G
    >>>>card, they should make sure that the label under the box says "Version
    >>>>3001",
    >>>>as this is the only way to tell if it's a RALINK 2500 chipset (desktop
    >>>>or
    >>>>pcmcia wireless adapters). In March, only 10% of the Staples stock in
    >>>>New
    >>>>York was version 3001....
    >>>>
    >>>>I think that until AMD Marketing dept. makes an x64 yellow sticker for
    >>>>all
    >>>>supported manufacturers, and makes it easy for all of us to empty store
    >>>>shelves, it's best to call pre-sales and inquire about chipsets for
    >>>>specific
    >>>>versions of WiFi gear before opening one's wallet. It might take 2 or 3
    >>>>calls, but it's worthwile.
    >>>>
    >>>>In addition, some utilities only work with the manufacturer's driver.
    >>>>So
    >>>>for
    >>>>instance the Linksys WMP54G v4 can work with the RALINK 2500 OEM x64
    >>>>drivers,
    >>>>but the Linksys configuration suite will not interact with the RALINK
    >>>>drivers, so you'll be limited to the native XP WiFi detection (no
    >>>>signal
    >>>>strength reading, etc...).
    >>>>
    >>>>That's why newsgroups are very valuable for hardware support. Lots of
    >>>>people
    >>>>had scanners or other WIA devices working well under x64, but never
    >>>>bothered
    >>>>mentioning it until finding out that there were support issues. There
    >>>>was
    >>>>some propaganda about 64-bit drivers being a requirement, but some fund
    >>>>out
    >>>>about thunking, WOW64 and certain WIA layers that Microsoft adapted to
    >>>>allow
    >>>>functionality of certain devices like scanners or cameras....
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>"Holger Pfister" wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>Hello,
    >>>>>
    >>>>>does somebody know, which wireless Lan Card currently already supports
    >>>>>Windows XP X64?
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Thanks for your help!
    >>>>>
    >>>>>--
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus der Stadt des Euro
    >>>>>With Regards from the City of the Euro
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Holger Pfister
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Internet: www.holger-pfister.de
    >>>>>

    >>
    >>Holger, here is a list of that use the Ralink RT2500 ChipsetA-Link WL54H,
    >>WL54PC
    >>Accton
    >>Amigo AWI-926W, AWI-914W, AWI-922W
    >>AMIT WL531P, WL531C, WL532U
    >>AOpen AOI-831
    >>ASUS WL-130g, WL-107G, WL-167g
    >>Atlantis Land A02-PCI-W54, AO2-PCM-W54
    >>Belkin F5D7000 v3001, F5D7010 v3001
    >>Billionton MIWLGRL
    >>Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-AI
    >>Canyon CN-WF511, CN-WF513
    >>CastleNet
    >>CC&C WL-2102
    >>CNet CWP-854, CWC-854, CWD-854
    >>Compex WLP54G, WL54G, WLU54G
    >>Conceptronic C54Ri, C54RC, C54RU
    >>D-Link DWL-G122 b1 *
    >>Delta Networks
    >>Digitus DN-7006G-RA, DN-7001G-RA
    >>E-Tech WGPI02, WGPI03?, WGPC02, WGPC03?, WGUS02
    >>Edimax EW-7128g, EW-7108PCg
    >>Eminent EM3037, EM3036, EM3032
    >>Encore ENLWI-G-RLAM, ENPWI-G-RLAM, ENHWI-ARG-RLAM ?
    >>Fiberline WL-400P, WL-400X
    >>Gigabyte GN-WPKG, GN-WMKG, GN-WBKG, GN-WIKG
    >>Hawking HWP54GR *, HWC54GR *
    >>iNexQ CR054g-009 (R03) *
    >>JAHT WN-4054PCI *, WN-4054P
    >>LevelOne WNC-0301 v2 *, WPC-0301 v2 *, WBR-3406TX
    >>Linksys, WMP54G v4 *, WUSB54G v4 *, WUSB54GP v4 *
    >>Micronet SP906GK, SP908GK V3 *
    >>Minitar MN54GPC-R MN54GCB-R
    >>MSI PC54G2, MS-6834, CB54G2, MS-6835, MS-6861, MS-6865, MS-6869, MP54G2,
    >>MS-6833\
    >>OvisLink EVO-W54PCI
    >>PheeNet HWL-PCIG/RA
    >>Philips
    >>Pro-Nets PC80211G, CB80211G
    >>Repotec RP-WP0854, RP-WB7108, RP-WU0402
    >>Roline RWA-54 ?, RWPC-54 ?
    >>SATech SN-54P, SN-54C
    >>Sitecom WL-115, WL-112
    >>SparkLAN WL-685R
    >>Sumvision
    >>Surecom EP-9321-g, EP-9321-g1, EP-9428-g, EP-9001-g
    >>Sweex LC700030, LC500050
    >>TekComm NE-9321-g, NE-9428-g
    >>Unex CR054g-R02, MR054g-R02
    >>VTech
    >>Zinwell ZWX-G361, ZWX-G160, ZWX-G261 ?, ZWX-G360
    >>Zonet ZEW1600, ZEW1500
    >>

    >
    >
    >
    > I have a Zaapa Wireless G PCI Card (CNet CWP-854 ) and works perfect under
    > Windows xp64.
    >
    >
     
    Nicholas D. Ford, May 10, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. no, no. let's not get into that debate. Please. It's not something people
    will ever agree about. But it _would_ be good if folks would try to trim
    previous messages in the thread to only include the relevant stuff. But top
    post versus bottom posting is NOT something anyone will ever convince the
    other side about.

    --
    Charlie.

    Nicholas D. Ford wrote:
    > Can you please try and type your reply above the quote? (Especially
    > when you quote A LOT of text!)
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jesús Ramírez Guerrero wrote:
    >> "Chris" <> escribió en el mensaje
    >> news:...
    >>
    >>> "Holger Pfister" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> Thanks a lot for your help.
    >>>>
    >>>> I have to try to get this here in Frankfurt, Germany. But that
    >>>> should not be
    >>>> such a problem!
    >>>>
    >>>> Holger Pfister
    >>>>
    >>>> "Chris" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>>> news:...
    >>>>
    >>>>> My suggestion (see my earlier post) is to go by chipset driver,
    >>>>> and then
    >>>>> filter by OEM.
    >>>>> So far I found the following :
    >>>>> - Broadcom BC43xx chipset inbox , but only for secific HP vendor
    >>>>> string - RALINK 2500 chipset [OEM driver download at ralinktech.com];
    >>>>> driver will
    >>>>> support all vendors using such chipset, such as Belkin (make sure
    >>>>> you see
    >>>>> version 3001 on the bottom of the box), Linksys WMP54G v4 , some
    >>>>> Asus, some
    >>>>> Microsoft MN* etc...
    >>>>> - RALINK has also x64 drivers for an USB wireless phy.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Be extremely careful when buying hardware, to ensure what chipset
    >>>>> is used,
    >>>>> and how to recognize it on the the box. The main reason is
    >>>>> because the Microsoft XP logo 2.2 looks like the logo 1.9 , and
    >>>>> also HCL is not always
    >>>>> very clear and exhaustive ; also many manufacturers like Linksys
    >>>>> or Belkin
    >>>>> change chipsets every other day, and keep the same model number,
    >>>>> whereas
    >>>>> you
    >>>>> only see a version change. So if someone goes to Staples to get a
    >>>>> Belkin
    >>>>> B/G
    >>>>> card, they should make sure that the label under the box says
    >>>>> "Version 3001",
    >>>>> as this is the only way to tell if it's a RALINK 2500 chipset
    >>>>> (desktop or
    >>>>> pcmcia wireless adapters). In March, only 10% of the Staples
    >>>>> stock in New
    >>>>> York was version 3001....
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I think that until AMD Marketing dept. makes an x64 yellow
    >>>>> sticker for all
    >>>>> supported manufacturers, and makes it easy for all of us to empty
    >>>>> store shelves, it's best to call pre-sales and inquire about
    >>>>> chipsets for specific
    >>>>> versions of WiFi gear before opening one's wallet. It might take
    >>>>> 2 or 3 calls, but it's worthwile.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> In addition, some utilities only work with the manufacturer's
    >>>>> driver. So
    >>>>> for
    >>>>> instance the Linksys WMP54G v4 can work with the RALINK 2500 OEM
    >>>>> x64 drivers,
    >>>>> but the Linksys configuration suite will not interact with the
    >>>>> RALINK drivers, so you'll be limited to the native XP WiFi
    >>>>> detection (no signal
    >>>>> strength reading, etc...).
    >>>>>
    >>>>> That's why newsgroups are very valuable for hardware support.
    >>>>> Lots of people
    >>>>> had scanners or other WIA devices working well under x64, but
    >>>>> never bothered
    >>>>> mentioning it until finding out that there were support issues.
    >>>>> There was
    >>>>> some propaganda about 64-bit drivers being a requirement, but
    >>>>> some fund out
    >>>>> about thunking, WOW64 and certain WIA layers that Microsoft
    >>>>> adapted to allow
    >>>>> functionality of certain devices like scanners or cameras....
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> "Holger Pfister" wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Hello,
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> does somebody know, which wireless Lan Card currently already
    >>>>>> supports Windows XP X64?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Thanks for your help!
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> --
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus der Stadt des Euro
    >>>>>> With Regards from the City of the Euro
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Holger Pfister
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Internet: www.holger-pfister.de
    >>>>>>
    >>>
    >>> Holger, here is a list of that use the Ralink RT2500 ChipsetA-Link
    >>> WL54H, WL54PC
    >>> Accton
    >>> Amigo AWI-926W, AWI-914W, AWI-922W
    >>> AMIT WL531P, WL531C, WL532U
    >>> AOpen AOI-831
    >>> ASUS WL-130g, WL-107G, WL-167g
    >>> Atlantis Land A02-PCI-W54, AO2-PCM-W54
    >>> Belkin F5D7000 v3001, F5D7010 v3001
    >>> Billionton MIWLGRL
    >>> Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-AI
    >>> Canyon CN-WF511, CN-WF513
    >>> CastleNet
    >>> CC&C WL-2102
    >>> CNet CWP-854, CWC-854, CWD-854
    >>> Compex WLP54G, WL54G, WLU54G
    >>> Conceptronic C54Ri, C54RC, C54RU
    >>> D-Link DWL-G122 b1 *
    >>> Delta Networks
    >>> Digitus DN-7006G-RA, DN-7001G-RA
    >>> E-Tech WGPI02, WGPI03?, WGPC02, WGPC03?, WGUS02
    >>> Edimax EW-7128g, EW-7108PCg
    >>> Eminent EM3037, EM3036, EM3032
    >>> Encore ENLWI-G-RLAM, ENPWI-G-RLAM, ENHWI-ARG-RLAM ?
    >>> Fiberline WL-400P, WL-400X
    >>> Gigabyte GN-WPKG, GN-WMKG, GN-WBKG, GN-WIKG
    >>> Hawking HWP54GR *, HWC54GR *
    >>> iNexQ CR054g-009 (R03) *
    >>> JAHT WN-4054PCI *, WN-4054P
    >>> LevelOne WNC-0301 v2 *, WPC-0301 v2 *, WBR-3406TX
    >>> Linksys, WMP54G v4 *, WUSB54G v4 *, WUSB54GP v4 *
    >>> Micronet SP906GK, SP908GK V3 *
    >>> Minitar MN54GPC-R MN54GCB-R
    >>> MSI PC54G2, MS-6834, CB54G2, MS-6835, MS-6861, MS-6865, MS-6869,
    >>> MP54G2, MS-6833\
    >>> OvisLink EVO-W54PCI
    >>> PheeNet HWL-PCIG/RA
    >>> Philips
    >>> Pro-Nets PC80211G, CB80211G
    >>> Repotec RP-WP0854, RP-WB7108, RP-WU0402
    >>> Roline RWA-54 ?, RWPC-54 ?
    >>> SATech SN-54P, SN-54C
    >>> Sitecom WL-115, WL-112
    >>> SparkLAN WL-685R
    >>> Sumvision
    >>> Surecom EP-9321-g, EP-9321-g1, EP-9428-g, EP-9001-g
    >>> Sweex LC700030, LC500050
    >>> TekComm NE-9321-g, NE-9428-g
    >>> Unex CR054g-R02, MR054g-R02
    >>> VTech
    >>> Zinwell ZWX-G361, ZWX-G160, ZWX-G261 ?, ZWX-G360
    >>> Zonet ZEW1600, ZEW1500
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> I have a Zaapa Wireless G PCI Card (CNet CWP-854 ) and works perfect
    >> under Windows xp64.
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 10, 2005
    #3
  4. Jesús Ramírez Guerrero

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > ... But it _would_ be good if folks would try to trim
    > previous messages in the thread to only include the relevant stuff. But top
    > post versus bottom posting is NOT something anyone will ever convince the
    > other side about.



    Top posters are the full quote trolls - it's as easy as that:)

    r0y
     
    Roy Coorne, May 10, 2005
    #4
  5. Jesús Ramírez Guerrero

    ocbwilg Guest

    "Roy Coorne" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    >> ... But it _would_ be good if folks would try to trim
    >> previous messages in the thread to only include the relevant stuff. But
    >> top post versus bottom posting is NOT something anyone will ever convince
    >> the other side about.

    >
    >
    > Top posters are the full quote trolls - it's as easy as that:)


    So when you put a new roll of toilet paper out, does the flap go over or
    under?

    I bottom post, and since I hate scrolling through 300 lines of quote to read
    one line of reply, I feel like it's just common courtesy to trim the
    non-relevant part of the post. If you're a top-poster it's still important
    to trim the fat, as not everyone has broadband and longer threads can get
    pretty ridiculous.
     
    ocbwilg, May 10, 2005
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Vin
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,523
    javierfcastillo
    Oct 25, 2007
  2. John Caruso
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    2,465
    John Caruso
    Aug 17, 2005
  3. gery
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    689
  4. gery
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,069
    Bob M
    Dec 5, 2007
  5. Chris Mitchell
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    12,428
    Barb Bowman
    Dec 26, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page