Re: Which video camera will capture golf swing in slow motion?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by james, May 20, 2009.

  1. james

    james Guest

    "Prof Wonmug" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone tell me what type of camera might have been used for these
    > videos:
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2o1SYXaOHE
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBLD3LZdagM

    Here is a store that sells them: http://www.highspeedimaging.com/index.cfm
    If you google "high speed camera" in google, you will find more.
    If you watch the show "time warp" on discovery, you will see one such camera
    in use.

    These cameras cost $10K and up. I dream about them sometimes :)

    You can get a cheap version for $1K: casio EX-F1. The higher the frame rate
    the lower the resolution.
    Some sony camcorders also has a feature call "smooth slow" that shoots at
    240 fps (4x normal speed).
    A samsung camcorder can shoot at 5x.
    You can find sample clips on youtube.

    james, May 20, 2009