Re: Which Macro-Canon or Tamron

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gisle Hannemyr, May 31, 2005.

  1. "Ben" <> writes:
    > Hi; I'm a guy in his upper 70's who can't make up his mind between
    > the following lenses:
    > Canon-EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
    > Tamron-SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro
    > I'm posting this on all the other digital newsgroups

    First: IF you are going to post to a number of groups,
    please. please cross-post, do not post a separate copy in
    each newsgroup.

    Second: This question is /only/ on-topic in
    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    Gisle Hannemyr, May 31, 2005

  2. Gisle Hannemyr

    Ryadia@Home Guest

    Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

    > Second: This question is /only/ on-topic in
    > rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    Hey God... When do you do the walk on water thing?
    Totally on topic in this group and cross posting is not an appropriate
    way to place messages in multiple groups, only in a second group.

    --
    Douglas...
    It's traditional, painter's use it, Rembrandt used it.

    Ryadia@Home, May 31, 2005

  3. Gisle Hannemyr

    George Guest

    Do you check these newsgroups waiting to jump on something? I guess I made
    your day.

    George, Jun 1, 2005
  4. Gisle Hannemyr

    Frank ess Guest

    George wrote:
    > Do you check these newsgroups waiting to jump on something? I guess
    > I made your day.

    Just ignore her. One of several around here with an exaggerated
    "pounce" gene complement.

    (I know, I know)

    > "Gisle Hannemyr" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ben" <> writes:
    >>> Hi; I'm a guy in his upper 70's who can't make up his mind between
    >>> the following lenses:
    >>> Canon-EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
    >>> Tamron-SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro
    >>> I'm posting this on all the other digital newsgroups

    >> First: IF you are going to post to a number of groups,
    >> please. please cross-post, do not post a separate copy in
    >> each newsgroup.
    >>
    >> Second: This question is /only/ on-topic in
    >> rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    I think you're wrong, this time. Seems like he's working at
    photography in digital. As in "rec.photo.digital".

    I have the earlier Tamron 90mm macro lens. It makes good images,
    probably noisier than the Canon cognate. Rather disconcerting to have
    the front of it shoot out there in AutoFocus, after using Canon lenses
    with internal focusing. Otherwise, flip-a-coin-time.

    --
    Frank S

    "Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten-up a chump."
    —William Claude Dukenfeld

    Frank ess, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Gisle Hannemyr

    George Guest

    That last sentence in the reply before this should have been "I guess

    George, Jun 1, 2005
  6. Gisle Hannemyr

    George Guest

    Didn't mean to start anything. You are right, best to just ignore it.

    George, Jun 1, 2005