Re: Which is martial art is best for children??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Don Wagner, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Don Wagner

    Don Wagner Guest

    "Kevin McMurtrie <>"
    <> wrote:
    >Which is martial art discipline is best for children??

    Judo

    > Many people say Judo, but is there any reason why Tae Kwon Do or Kung Fu wouldn't be
    >just as good?

    All kids roll around and wrestle. Encouraging them to punch and kick
    is usually something parents try to discourage at early ages.

    > What age should kids start learning?

    When they are physically capable of handling the cirriculm,
    emotionally capable of dealing with competitive defeat and mentally
    capable of understanding what they are doing.

    I'd say 30 or 40...minimum.
    ;-)

    It totally depends on the parent, kid, style and teacher. I've seen
    5yr olds play judo very well. I've seen 12yr olds who should be in
    lock-down in juvie hall.
    --Don--
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

    Don Wagner, Feb 9, 2005