Re: Which exam prep should I use?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Bill Hileman, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Bill Hileman

    Bill Hileman Guest

    "Samantha Hyatt" <> wrote in message
    >The best site I've found is www.actualtests.com. You get updated test prep

    material for every exam out there... Microsoft or otherwise for $99 and a
    lifetime membership.

    You are a complete and blithering idiot. Are you trying to br@indump your
    way through college as well? What will Syan think of you when he/she grows
    up. What kind of role model are you setting for him/her? It's okay to
    cheat as long as you "would have passed anyway?"

    Had you bothered to lurk a bit before posting, you might have noticed that
    posting in HTML is frowned upon in this and most other USENET groups.

    Enjoy your br@indumped certs while you still have them.

    You must either have quite a rack, or whoever hired you is also a blithering
    idiot.

    Bill Hileman, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Originally, I was not going to bother to respond to your blatant insults,
    but thought better of it :

    1. only a coward and weak willed person responds with something like you
    did. You use anonymity when spounting unverified facts. A real man would
    not have a problem coming forth and discussing the matter person-to-person,
    not in a public forum. The fact that you hide your identity and feel the
    need to belittle everyone around you, shows your true colors.

    2. If you believes that Microsoft courses are the true way that the world
    implements their technology, you are no more knowledgable then the person
    you paint me to be. Microsoft exams are from their perspective and are not
    completely useful in the "real world". The only things the exams ultimately
    prove is a persons ability to digest and regurgitate information that is not
    particularly practical.

    With all the respect I can possibly muster for a person like you,

    Samantha Hyatt

    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to
    what lies within us."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Samantha Hyatt, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Bill Hileman

    Brat Guest

    "Samantha Hyatt" <> wrote in message

    <Blah blah blah>
    >..... The fact that you hide your identity and feel the
    > need to belittle everyone around you, shows your true colors.

    hmmm.... *looks at bill's name*... *looks at Samantha*... ahhh she must be
    blind to not see his name right there in black... has to be...

    > 2. If you believes that Microsoft courses are the true way that the world
    > implements their technology, you are no more knowledgable then the person
    > you paint me to be. Microsoft exams are from their perspective and are

    not
    > completely useful in the "real world". The only things the exams

    ultimately
    > prove is a persons ability to digest and regurgitate information that is

    not
    > particularly practical.

    It is not for you to decide what value Microsoft certifications have... if
    you study honestly, then you shouldnt have a problem... however, if you
    cheat (and you have admitted that you use these), you are cheating
    regardless of what you think of the certifications. The fact remains that
    the exams are there... and if you cheat you can a) lose your certs, b) get
    fined, c) go to jail or d) all of the above... enjoy it while it lasts...
    you have been reported to Microsoft by someone earlier... I am sure they
    will be in contact with you soon to discuss you unethical practices.

    Brat, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Bill Hileman

    JaR Guest

    Samantha Hyatt opined, On 2/18/04 4:55 PM:
    > Originally, I was not going to bother to respond to your blatant insults,
    > but thought better of it :
    >
    > 1. only a coward and weak willed person responds with something like you
    > did. You use anonymity when spounting unverified facts. A real man would
    > not have a problem coming forth and discussing the matter person-to-person,

    <blather snipped>

    If you are referring to Bill's post, I assure you his name really is
    Bill Hileman, and his e-mail addy, although munged, is also real and
    easily decipherable by anybody with a second grade reading comprehension
    ability or better.

    > 2. If you believes that Microsoft courses are the true way that the world
    > implements their technology, you are no more knowledgable then the person
    > you paint me to be. Microsoft exams are from their perspective and are not
    > completely useful in the "real world". The only things the exams ultimately
    > prove is a persons ability to digest and regurgitate information that is not
    > particularly practical.

    Not quite. They are the writer and vendor of the software. How they
    choose to certify a person's knowledge thereof is their business. How
    end users choose to use the product is, with certain limitations, up to
    the user.

    If I was an employer and was hiring a certified individual, I would
    expect that individual to be proficient in the area certified by
    microsoft. Not just able to regurgitate information in order to put
    letters after their name.

    That being said, it is ulitmately microsoft's fault that people like you
    feel about the certification process the way you do.

    That does not mean that Bill, or I, or anybody else, for that matter
    have to be happy that braindumping lusers can acheive certification.

    JaR
    Ranting Thug

    JaR, Feb 19, 2004
  5. I don't disagre with you. In fact I don't diagree with any of you as far as
    how people SHOULD go about getting certified. The proper way is to learn it,
    in training, through self-study, or OJT, and take the exams. Simple as
    that. The only way to truly learn it's real world application is to do it
    and the point that I made earlier about "regurgitating infomation" shows
    that. Passing a test does not necessarily mean you know what you're talking
    about. That was my point. Being a paper MCSE is worthless and I understand
    how you all feel about people who try to beat the system. I am not trying
    to do that and I do not want to fight like this with people who are supposed
    to be my peeers and do in fact share a lot of the same views as I do. (I'm
    referring to Brat and JaR)

    I admited to having used the test prep material at one time. I used it for
    one exam and did not feel the need to use it again after sitting through the
    test. It was recommended to me by a classmate and my instructor stressed the
    importance of using test prep in general... not braindump sites particularly
    and managed to make even those of us that were confident in our knowledge,
    nervous. Everyone is allowed to make mistakes. Beating me and others like
    me up over it is rediculous. There are others in this newgroup who feel
    just as strongly about braindump sites as you do, but rather than
    meliciously bashing those that use them, they offer guidance and advice on
    how to do it the right way. I've seen both of you (Brat and JaR) do that
    for some..... why do you feel the need to attack me when you know nothing
    about me?

    Bill attacked my character and personal life without even one shred of
    decency and that is why I fought back. I (like you) take pride in the fact
    that I EARNED my certification and can prove that I know what I'm talking
    about when put to the test everyday at work. No matter how a person goes
    about getting their certification, the test of their knowldege and
    understanding comes when they are put to the test in the real world. No
    paper MCSE will ever be able to pass that test.

    Can we stop fighting about this now?

    Samantha Hyatt, Feb 19, 2004
  6. PS...
    In order to facilitate the peace treaty, I will take the site i
    recommended off the board. It came to me and I passed it on which was my
    mistake. I apologize to those of you who took offense by my posting it.

    Samantha Hyatt, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Bill Hileman

    Jtyc Guest

    > Can we stop fighting about this now?
    >
    > Samantha Hyatt

    That depends... can you score me a good discount rate at hotels?

    Jtyc, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Sorry babe. I'm related but only in name. The Hyatt hotels were sold a
    LONG time ago but kept the name. They could care less about blood relatives
    of the original owners..... trust me, it's been tried. :)

    Samantha Hyatt, Feb 19, 2004
  9. Bill Hileman

    Jtyc Guest

    > Sorry babe. I'm related but only in name. The Hyatt hotels were sold a
    > LONG time ago but kept the name. They could care less about blood

    relatives
    > of the original owners..... trust me, it's been tried. :)

    Well that's ok. I'll just take the money that I would have saved instead.
    Just make the check out to cash.

    Thanks!

    Jtyc, Feb 19, 2004
  10. Bill Hileman

    Bill Hileman Guest

    Samantha Hyatt wrote:
    > Originally, I was not going to bother to respond to your blatant
    > insults, but thought better of it :

    In other words... I hit a nerve or you just couldn't resist.

    > 1. only a coward and weak willed person responds with something like
    > you did. You use anonymity when spounting unverified facts.

    As others have pointed out, I'm hardly being anonymous. I suspect you hit
    reply (to sender) and got a bounced e-mail back, but are embarrassed to
    admit that. That's also probably why you responded publicly, since private
    e-mail bounced. I guess DASH in capital letters was not a strong enough
    clue for you. I didn't spout unverified facts, I expressed my opinion of
    you. And it stands. You're still a blithering idiot and a bad role model
    for your kid(s).

    > A real
    > man would not have a problem coming forth and discussing the matter
    > person-to-person, not in a public forum.

    I'm sorry, but it's not financially feasable for me to fly out to wherever
    you might be to discuss this in person. What was I thinking posting in a
    public forum on such a personal matter!

    > The fact that you hide your
    > identity and feel the need to belittle everyone around you, shows
    > your true colors.

    We already covered the hide identity thing. I belittle everyone around me?
    Or just clueless cheating morons?

    > 2. If you believes that Microsoft courses are the true way that the
    > world implements their technology, you are no more knowledgable then
    > the person you paint me to be.

    Hardly. Most people in the software development industry, such as I, know
    that for example exam 70-100 (which will be obsolete soon) does not reflect
    the industry. People who have been developing software for decades have
    failed the test because it's biased. There are two ways to do things, the
    Microsoft way, and the real-world way. Sometimes they are the same way,
    sometimes not. To get Microsoft certified, you need to at least demonstrate
    knowledge of Microsoft's ways.

    > Microsoft exams are from their
    > perspective and are not completely useful in the "real world".

    I think I just said that, however yours appears to be more of an "all or
    nothing" attitude.

    > The
    > only things the exams ultimately prove is a persons ability to digest
    > and regurgitate information that is not particularly practical.

    Your glass is half-empty, isn't it?

    > With all the respect I can possibly muster for a person like you,

    My, my. Passing judgment on me without knowing me at all. For shame.

    --
    Bill Hileman, MCP, CPD, BCIP
    Programmer/Analyst, DASI

    PROGRAM n. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's
    input into error messages. tr.v. To engage in a pastime similar to banging
    one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

    Yahoo! Group for Certaholics

    Bill Hileman, Feb 19, 2004
  11. Bill Hileman

    Bill Hileman Guest

    Samantha Hyatt wrote:

    <SnipFeelSorryForMeSuckUp>

    > I admited to having used the test prep material at one time. I used
    > it for one exam and did not feel the need to use it again after
    > sitting through the test. It was recommended to me by a classmate and
    > my instructor stressed the importance of using test prep in
    > general... not braindump sites particularly and managed to make even
    > those of us that were confident in our knowledge, nervous. Everyone
    > is allowed to make mistakes. Beating me and others like me up over
    > it is rediculous. There are others in this newgroup who feel just
    > as strongly about braindump sites as you do, but rather than
    > meliciously bashing those that use them, they offer guidance and
    > advice on how to do it the right way. I've seen both of you (Brat
    > and JaR) do that for some..... why do you feel the need to attack me
    > when you know nothing about me?

    You got lucky. I don't bash just anyone, just those that should know
    better. And based on your post, you should have known better. I don't
    expect you to go back and read the hundreds of posts I've made here and in
    other newsgroups over the years (as Frisbee), but there were several cases
    where I took a completely different approach to br@indumpers and potential
    br@indumpers. Even Brat was on the Dark Side once. It wasn't I who swayed
    her, but others. I have convinced several of the err of their ways before.
    I've also jumped down the throats of some, you included, but that is the
    exception, not the rule.

    > Bill attacked my character and personal life without even one shred of
    > decency and that is why I fought back.

    Not even one shred of decency? furrfu. You have quite thin skin. I guess
    the personal part of the attack was questioning how you would explain
    yourself to your children. How would you feel if your kids managed to get
    ahold of a school exam on the net and memorized the answers to the exam,
    then aced it. Would you proudly post that grade A+ on your refrigerator,
    since that's basically what Mommy did? I'm sorry if the truth hurts,
    Samantha, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em. Just because you stopped using
    br@indumps after your first exam doesn't excuse their use. You can't
    un-ring a bell. You cheated, and mostly because your instructor scared you
    and a classmate recommended them. furrfu.

    One can be a paper MCSE without br@indumping.

    > Can we stop fighting about this now?

    Sure I can. Can you?

    Bill Hileman, Feb 19, 2004
  12. Bill Hileman

    Bill Hileman Guest

    Samantha Hyatt wrote:
    > PS...
    > In order to facilitate the peace treaty, I will take the site
    > i recommended off the board. It came to me and I passed it on which
    > was my mistake. I apologize to those of you who took offense by my
    > posting it.

    Am I included in that part of the apology? Can I get back in your will?

    It did offend me. But then apparently I responded in kind, so no apology
    necessary for me. I wonder if you'd have apologized at all, however, had
    no-one commented.

    Bill Hileman, Feb 19, 2004
  13. Bill Hileman

    JaR Guest

    Samantha Hyatt opined, On 2/18/04 6:50 PM:

    > Can we stop fighting about this now?

    Fighting about what?

    JaR
    Peaceful Thug