Re: Which exam prep should I use?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Guest, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    and your MCP number is??

    Guest, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Guest

    Brat Guest

    lol call her and ask

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Neither should any of these other assholes who feel the need to put other
    people down just to make themselves feel better....... (not saying you)

    Here's how I see it. Let people use the braindumps, test prep or whatever
    else you want to call it. So what if they pass their tests? If they don't
    know squat about how it works, they may find a job, but they'll never keep
    it. No one deserves to be rediculed like that. And I can guarantee that
    these guys who find it amusing to talk down to everyone else have their own
    personal insecurities that they're incapable of dealing with. Look inside
    before you start attacking others......

    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to
    what lies within us."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    you shouldn't post during that time of the month doll

    "Samantha Hyatt" <> wrote in message
    Get off your high horse.......... A person's skills as a tech are not
    accurately reflected in their ability to pass MS tests. If people need a
    little extra assistance to get them acclimated to the style of MS tests, let
    them take it without being ridiculed. Not all of us are as perfect as you.
    Let it go for crying out loud!

    Samantha Hyatt, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Guest

    Bill Hileman Guest

    > Get off your high horse..........

    Perhaps you should consider getting off your low horse.

    > A person's skills as a tech are not accurately reflected in their ability

    to pass MS tests.

    And your suggested alternative to the certification process is... ?

    > If people need a little extra assistance to get them acclimated to the

    style of MS tests, let them take it without being ridiculed.

    Yes, indeed. However, let them take legitimate practise exams, such as
    transcender and measureup, which help people become acclimated WITHOUT
    giving them the actual questions and answers that they will later encounter
    on exams. There's a thought.

    > Not all of us are as perfect as you.

    Well, some of are.

    > Let it go for crying out loud!

    MINE! MINE! MINE!

    Bill Hileman, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Bill Hileman opined, On 2/18/04 10:33 AM:

    >>Let it go for crying out loud!

    > MINE! MINE! MINE!

    *grin*

    Mental image of the seagulls in "Finding Nemo"

    Hi Fris, where ya been?

    JaR

    JaR, Feb 18, 2004
  6. You know what's funny? I personally have barely touched the test prep site
    that I recommended. I've done it the way you say I should.... which is to
    learn it, and take "legitimate" test prep when i needed any. But, I'm a
    good test taker and do not have my brain turn to mush when taking an exam.
    I made the suggestion because it was passed on to me by someone who needed
    that little extra help to take the test, and was inexpensive. If you had
    bothered to ask, you would have known that. Attacking people personally is
    petty, and immature, and makes me hate that fact that I can now consider
    myself a part of a group that people like you are affiliated with.

    In my comment about a person's abilities not being accurately reflected in
    the ability to pass the tests, I meant that there are high quality,
    intelligent techs out there who know their shit in the real world, and can
    still fail the cert exams. Does that mean they can't do the work?

    --

    > Get off your high horse..........

    Perhaps you should consider getting off your low horse.

    > A person's skills as a tech are not accurately reflected in their ability

    to pass MS tests.

    And your suggested alternative to the certification process is... ?

    > If people need a little extra assistance to get them acclimated to the

    style of MS tests, let them take it without being ridiculed.

    Yes, indeed. However, let them take legitimate practise exams, such as
    transcender and measureup, which help people become acclimated WITHOUT
    giving them the actual questions and answers that they will later encounter
    on exams. There's a thought.

    > Not all of us are as perfect as you.

    Well, some of are.

    > Let it go for crying out loud!

    MINE! MINE! MINE!

    Samantha Hyatt, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Put yourself in a hiring managers shoes. You have 2 candidates, one with 5+
    years of expereince and no certs and one with little (say 6mo's) experience
    and the cert. Who would you hire? If you say the one with the cert and no
    experience, then my point will never get through. I do not think badly
    about the certification process (otherwise why would I bother to attain
    them). They have their pitfalls however and as you well know, the language
    in the tests can be confusing for some people. Hell, I am willing to bet
    that that's why so many experienced IT professional fail them each year.
    That and the fact that the MS solution is not always applicable in the real
    world.

    I am not attacking MS certs or the people who hold them. I am simply being
    realistic.

    btw, I had no idea that posting in HTML would be frowned upon, afterall
    that's exactly how I and everyone in my college classes post everyday.....
    wanna fill me in as to why it's so bad?

    --

    > Get off your high horse..........

    Perhaps you should consider getting off your low horse.

    > A person's skills as a tech are not accurately reflected in their ability

    to pass MS tests.

    And your suggested alternative to the certification process is... ?

    > If people need a little extra assistance to get them acclimated to the

    style of MS tests, let them take it without being ridiculed.

    Yes, indeed. However, let them take legitimate practise exams, such as
    transcender and measureup, which help people become acclimated WITHOUT
    giving them the actual questions and answers that they will later encounter
    on exams. There's a thought.

    > Not all of us are as perfect as you.

    Well, some of are.

    > Let it go for crying out loud!

    MINE! MINE! MINE!

    Samantha Hyatt, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    > btw, I had no idea that posting in HTML would be frowned upon, afterall
    > that's exactly how I and everyone in my college classes post everyday.....
    > wanna fill me in as to why it's so bad?

    Bad things can happen in HTML.

    Jtyc, Feb 19, 2004
  9. Guest

    Bill Hileman Guest

    Jtyc wrote:
    >> btw, I had no idea that posting in HTML would be frowned upon,
    >> afterall that's exactly how I and everyone in my college classes
    >> post everyday..... wanna fill me in as to why it's so bad?

    > Bad things can happen in HTML.

    That's the more recent reason to not post in HTML. Traditionally, it's more
    along the lines that it takes up more bandwidth, and not all news readers
    can read HTML.

    Personally, I hate receiving HTML e-mails more than reading them in
    newsgroups, but for basically the same reason. Quoting in replies is more
    than a little cumbersome.

    --
    Bill Hileman, MCP, CPD, BCIP
    Programmer/Analyst, DASI

    PROGRAM n. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's
    input into error messages. tr.v. To engage in a pastime similar to banging
    one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

    Yahoo! Group for Certaholics

    Bill Hileman, Feb 19, 2004
  10. Guest

    Brian Guest

    "Samantha Hyatt" <> wrote
    > Put yourself in a hiring managers shoes. You have 2 candidates, one with

    5+
    > years of expereince and no certs and one with little (say 6mo's)

    experience
    > and the cert.

    Okay, but before you do that, put yourself in the HR rep's position. They
    have to provide the hiring manager with a list of resumes. The hiring
    manager says they want an MCSE, so to the HR rep, anyone who doesn't have
    their MCSE gets overlooked.

    Alternatively, they get a bunch of paper MCSEs who braindumped their way
    through the exams. Once its discovered they know nothing, there goes that
    companies will to hiring a legitimate MCSE who does know what they are
    doing.

    Brian

    Brian, Feb 20, 2004