Re: Which digital for fast moving sports etc.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike C, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Mike C

    Mike C Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:37:17 GMT, Todd Walker <>
    wrote:

    >In article <3f38993b$>, says...
    >> Sony DSC F717 and V1 are capable of tracking fast moving object. Both are
    >> faster in AF than G3, G5 or Oly 5050.
    >>

    >The 717 and V1 can't focus track. Where are you getting this
    >information?

    According to following preview:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscv1/page11.asp

    As indicated, the V1 has 0.3-0.5 sec. AF lag, shuttle lag >0.1 sec., both of
    which are less than 0.6 sec. this mere 0.6 sec. delay should poses not much
    of a problem for tracking fast moving object. No doubt the F717/V1 are
    capable in that respect than the G3, G5, Oly 5050, or any other high-end
    prosumer cameras currently available.
    Mike C, Aug 12, 2003

  2. V1 has a feature called continuous auto focus and it does not require half
    pressing the shutter button.

    rogerio.

    Rogério Moreira, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Mike C

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <bhbfof$6pq$>,
    says...
    > V1 has a feature called continuous auto focus and it does not require half
    > pressing the shutter button.

    Yes, most digitals do continuous AF. That isn't what I'm talking about.
    Nevermind.

    --
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Aug 12, 2003