Re: Which DID provider?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Oct 7, 2008.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 16:22:17 +0100, "Turandot"
    <> wrote:

    >I want to setup a London number for use with PBXes.com. I will have 3
    >devices around Europe attached to this number, so when people call, all 3
    >devices rings. Which DID provider will work for this setup, Sipgate,
    >Gradwell, viop.co.uk? Pitty PBXes doesn't offer London numbers.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Turandot

    A Sipgate number comes free and is reportably more reliable than it
    used to be - but check out earlier postings on this group and make up
    your own mind on that one. The number is tied to their service.

    voip.co.uk: You pay a one off charge for your number. The voicemail
    service is not up to much. If you listen to a message it immediately
    gets deleted. The number is tied to their service.

    Gradwell: May be a better service but you have to pay a monthly fee.
    I have no experience of this company but they appear to have a 'good
    press' with people on this group who use the service. Maybe worth a
    look.

    Voipfone and Voiptalk: Both reliable afaik. £2/month in each case.
    On Voipfone the number is tied to their service. However, Voipfone
    does give free 056 numbers. They are charged the same as geos on BT
    afaik but I don't know about cable. Voipfone does have a good incoming
    call regime. Nice voicemail, 1471 service etc. There are also other
    services.
    I use Voiptalk for an incoming geo number. It can be directed, at
    will, to any SIP account. It is the only provider that I have used
    that permits this. Voiptalk has proved very reliable as an incoming
    DID. I have never had a failure.
    www.voiptalk.org
    www.voipfone.co.uk
    www.gradwell.com
    www.sipgate.co.uk

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, Oct 7, 2008

  2. Brian A

    alexd Guest

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:17:42 +0000, Brian A wrote:

    > On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 16:22:17 +0100, "Turandot"
    > <> wrote:

    >> I want to setup a London number for use with PBXes.com.

    > A Sipgate number comes free and is reportably more reliable than it used
    > to be - but check out earlier postings on this group and make up your
    > own mind on that one. The number is tied to their service.

    Given that a Sipgate number will cost nothing but your time to configure
    and test, I'd say just do it.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    14:40:01 up 3 days, 3:36, 2 users, load average: 0.21, 0.08, 0.02

    alexd, Oct 7, 2008

  3. Brian A

    theFug Guest

    On 7 okt, 15:41, alexd <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:17:42 +0000, Brian A wrote:
    > > On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 16:22:17 +0100, "Turandot"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >> I want to setup a London number for use with PBXes.com.

    > > A Sipgate number comes free and is reportably more reliable than it used
    > > to be - but check out earlier postings on this group and make up your
    > > own mind on that one. The number is tied to their service.

    > Given that a Sipgate number will cost nothing but your time to configure
    > and test, I'd say just do it.
    >
    > --
    >  <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    >  14:40:01 up 3 days,  3:36,  2 users,  load average: 0.21, 0.08, 0.02
    >  They call me titless because I have no tits

    Then you have providers like Tpad and Callcentric....
    only Tpad does not peer via it's DID

    theFug, Oct 7, 2008