Re: Which certification will lead to a better career MCSA or MCSE?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by JaR, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. JaR

    JaR Guest

    "Senseofhumor13"

    Good, you're gonna need it!

    wrote in message news:...
    > I'm just getting started in the IT field

    Then get familiar with these resourses:

    http://www.unemployedit.com/forums/default.asp

    http://www.techsunite.org/community/forums/index.cfm?fuseaction=list&forum=18&cid=6

    >and therefore, I'd appreciate a lot of advices and guidance. Yes, please

    hold my >hand.

    Hand holding a specialty at www.icertify.net

    >So, does one certification over the other better prepare you for a career?

    No, not really. A degree, a bunch of certs, and the luck of a five-legged
    rabbit, maybe.

    >Also, how long does it take for an average Joe to get certified in either

    MCSA and >MCSE?

    Depends on how well you know the product.

    >I realize that it depends on how much effort and understanding but just to

    get an >idea. Is 6 months an unrealistic time frame?

    If you are already familiar with the product, are currently an administrator
    of a network running Win2k or 2003 & XP 6 mos is definitely doable. If you
    are not, you may want to rethink your career goals.

    JaR
    A+ Net+ MCSA Thug #555-1212
    JaR, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Hey JaR, thanks for the somewhat discouraging but honest and insightful perspective. Do you mind if I ask you how long it took you to get your mcsa?

    Thanks again.
    senseofhumor13, Jan 13, 2004

  3. JaR

    JaR Guest

    "senseofhumor13" <> wrote in message
    > Hey JaR, thanks for the somewhat discouraging but honest and insightful

    perspective. Do you mind if I ask you how long it took you to get your mcsa?

    I had quite a bit of experience maintaining a small NT4 net running Citrix
    with about ten Win98 boxen and a slew of dumb terminals before I started. I
    set up a lab with 1 new(ish) box and three old P2 boxen connected with a
    cheap 5 port 10/100 switch. Working at it daily for a minimum of three
    hours, I did it in ~5 months. YMMV, however ;-)

    JaR
    Thug #XXII
    JaR, Jan 13, 2004