    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net
    www.baynatives.com

    Paul Furman, Sep 29, 2009

  2. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    Bowser wrote:

    > "Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    > news:h9tlfb$d2j$-september.org...
    >> When is the next one due?
    >> 'Best of the month' as I recall...
    >> I'm guessing this Sunday morning?

    > October 25th.

    Just a reminder, the next SI submission deadline is next Sunday. If you
    haven't taken a single decent pic for a month and a half like me, it's
    time to get on the ball!

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Oct 17, 2009

  3. Paul Furman

    Robert Coe Guest

    : >
    :
    : Just a reminder, the next SI submission deadline is next Sunday. If you
    : haven't taken a single decent pic for a month and a half like me, it's
    : time to get on the ball!
    :
    : > I wanted everyone to have a chance at foliage pix. At
    : > least those of us in North America. Then we can settle in for a long
    : > winter's sleep.

    Well, we don't seem to be having a very good foliage year. Bowser lives
    several towns away, so maybe he's having better luck.

    But for once I have to be selective on what pictures to submit anyway. I'd be
    happy if the limit were four or five. :^)

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 17, 2009
  4. Paul Furman

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: [SI] Best of the month?

    On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:58:24 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    : On 2009-10-20 08:44:36 -0700, "Russell D." <> said:
    :
    : > Alan Browne wrote:
    : >> Paul Furman wrote:
    : >>> When is the next one due?
    : >>> 'Best of the month' as I recall...
    : >>> I'm guessing this Sunday morning?
    : >>>
    : >>
    : >>
    : >> It's not up on the SI page ... (mandate).
    : >>
    : >> Have we got suggestions for the next mandate? I've been too busy of
    : >> late for the current round - other than some test shots.
    : >
    : > What was the beginning date for the time frame of these photos? I know
    : > we're not supposed to use old ones.
    : >
    : > Russell
    :
    : I would imagine that since Bowser posted the Mandate "Favorites of the
    : Month" not "Best of the Month" on 9/15/2009, the shooting window would
    : be from then until the close date of October 25, 2009.

    Originally it was to be from the 30 days preceding September 10, but the
    tradition is that pictures can be taken up to the day they're due. Indeed,
    Bowser himself submitted a picture taken on the last day of the "Interesting"
    mandate.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 21, 2009
  5. Paul Furman

    : > Alan Browne wrote:
    : >> Paul Furman wrote:
[...]

    BTW, as of just before noon EDT today, the mandate still wasn't posted on the
    Web site.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 21, 2009
  6. Paul Furman

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: [SI] Best of the month?

    On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:41:20 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    :
    : > wrote:
    : > : On 2009-10-20 08:44:36 -0700, "Russell D." <> said:
    : > :
    : > : > Alan Browne wrote:
    : > : >> Paul Furman wrote:
    : > : >>> When is the next one due?
    : > : >>> 'Best of the month' as I recall...
    : > : >>> I'm guessing this Sunday morning?
    : > : >>>
    : > : >>
    : > : >>
    : > : >> It's not up on the SI page ... (mandate).
    : > : >>
    : > : >> Have we got suggestions for the next mandate? I've been too busy of
    : > : >> late for the current round - other than some test shots.
    : > : >
    : > : > What was the beginning date for the time frame of these photos? I know
    : > : > we're not supposed to use old ones.
    : > : >
    : > : > Russell
    : > :
    : > : I would imagine that since Bowser posted the Mandate "Favorites of the
    : > : Month" not "Best of the Month" on 9/15/2009, the shooting window would
    : > : be from then until the close date of October 25, 2009.
    : >
    : > BTW, as of just before noon EDT today, the mandate still wasn't posted on
    : > the site.
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : Yup. He is still showing "Interesting" as open.
    :
    : ...I guess he has been distracted by other priorities of late.

    Yeah, he's probably distracted by his day job, just because they pay him to do
    it. It's astounding how many otherwise right-thinking people are unwilling or
    unable to put photography ahead of their financial stability and their
    childrens' future.

    I'm a terrible offender as well. When it's a choice between photography and my
    real job, I tend to give preference to the latter more than half the time.
    (But I'm one of the lucky ones: the boundary between photography and my "real"
    job is becoming increasingly blurry.) :^)

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 22, 2009