Re: Where to get PSU fuse in Wellington?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mainlander, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Mainlander

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Son has c 6mth old system with an 3R System Air Case bought from an
    > out of town supplier. PSU fan started making a lot of noise. I was
    > too busy to look at it at the time, so after several days he had a
    > "poke around" to see if he could fix the problem himself.
    > Unfortunately one thing he tried was the voltage switch sitting right
    > beside the fan!!! Well at least the fuse worked.
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can get a new fuse for the 3R PSU in
    > Wellington so I can get back to the supplier to fix the original noise
    > problem (presumably fan bearing gone?)
    >
    > PP don't sell fuses - get an electrician in if a PSU required repair.
    > Sounds an expensive way to plug in a simple fuse capsule.

    It is legally the only way they can do this type of repair, only someone
    with an electrical certificate can do power supply repairs for a computer
    reseller or service centre.

    Mainlander, Jul 22, 2003