Re: Where to get PSU fuse in Wellington?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by William Ormsby, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:18:02 +1200,
    wrote:

    >Son has c 6mth old system with an 3R System Air Case bought from an
    >out of town supplier. PSU fan started making a lot of noise. I was
    >too busy to look at it at the time, so after several days he had a
    >"poke around" to see if he could fix the problem himself.
    >Unfortunately one thing he tried was the voltage switch sitting right
    >beside the fan!!! Well at least the fuse worked.
    >
    >Does anyone know where I can get a new fuse for the 3R PSU in
    >Wellington so I can get back to the supplier to fix the original noise
    >problem (presumably fan bearing gone?)
    >
    >PP don't sell fuses - get an electrician in if a PSU required repair.
    >Sounds an expensive way to plug in a simple fuse capsule.
    >
    >David

    Fuse smuse. Just use some number 8 wire or a paperclip :)

    <Disclaimer - This is a joke. I am not at all serious about it. In
    fact it can be very dangerous to do this>

    William Ormsby, Jul 15, 2003