Re: Where\'s Robin Hood: Men In Tights?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Aaron J. Bossig, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. > > I do. It was released a while ago. DVD has become much more popular in

    the
    > > meantime. I'm sure a lot of people missed the boat, and a re-release

    would
    > > prompt the opening of a few wallets.

    > Okay, you're not making sense here. First you say you're WAITING for a
    > Special Edition of SPACEBALLS, now you claim it's been done.

    No, I'm not saying that at all.

    > I am 99%
    > sure that the current "Special Edition" is the only version that has
    > been released,

    That's correct.

    > Face it, it may be Mel Brooks, but it isn't
    > "Birth Of A Nation" or "Citizen Kane". Next you'll be telling me you
    > won't buy it until the Criterion Edition comes out. I wouldn't hold
    > your breath for THAT one.

    No, no, just a regular old "Special Edition" will be fine. Come on, this is
    DVD, multiple releases are just part of the game.

    --
    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Aaron J. Bossig

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, Aaron J. Bossig
    <> wrote:

    > No, no, just a regular old "Special Edition" will be fine. Come on, this is
    > DVD, multiple releases are just part of the game.

    Check your local DVD shop. You'll find "Special Editions" of early
    DVDs that didn't get all the bells and whistles they could have the
    first time around, and with newer releases you'll occasionally get
    separate FS and WS versions. You might also find SUPERBIT editions of
    Columbia/Tristar movies that are popular enough to warrant one, and
    Criterion Editions of films that Criterion feels are significant enough
    to include in their collection. Since SPACEBALLS wasn't released on
    DVD until relatively recently, there's no need to revisit it. There's
    also no need to improve the transfer, jack up the bitrate, or add a
    second disc containing every inch of trim on file.

    I'd say the only new version we might see on DVD would possibly be an
    HD-DVD, but only when that format has been around long enough so that
    consumers would be willing to re-buy their entire collection all over
    again.

    In other words, don't hold your breath.

    Max Volume, Jun 28, 2003