Re: Where\'s Robin Hood: Men In Tights?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Aaron J. Bossig, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. > > Of course not. But there are so many well-made DVDs (ie, The Producers)
    > > to buy, I can afford to wait for an SE of Spaceballs and keep occupied in
    > > the meantime.

    > Okay, but I don't see that happening.

    I do. It was released a while ago. DVD has become much more popular in the
    meantime. I'm sure a lot of people missed the boat, and a re-release would
    prompt the opening of a few wallets.

    >SPACEBALLS is no STAR WARS,

    Well, by the same token, it's not an obscure little flick either.

    >so I
    > doubt many fans are gonna demand an anamorphic transfer. Even less
    > likely is the studio feeling the film deserves such a thing.

    Few DVDs are non-anamorphic anymore. I'd be surprised if the studio didn't
    spring for a new transfer. It's not a matter of "deserving" it, but it's a
    great selling point, especially for re-releases of titles currently on DVD.

    > Nice
    > bonus features on the DVD -- at least rent it, you don't know what
    > you're missing.

    Well, it's really cheap, so if I got it into my head that I just *had* to
    see the movie, I would just buy it, no question. Around the $10 mark, I
    stop seeing the benefit to rental-- why not just spend a few more bucks and
    own the movie, especially when I know I like it?

    Like I said, there are so many well-done titles right now that I don't miss
    it. As my collection expands, that may become less true over time. But
    thanks for the advice. :)

    --
    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Aaron J. Bossig

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, Aaron J. Bossig
    <> wrote:

    > > > Of course not. But there are so many well-made DVDs (ie, The Producers)
    > > > to buy, I can afford to wait for an SE of Spaceballs and keep occupied in
    > > > the meantime.

    > > Okay, but I don't see that happening.

    > I do. It was released a while ago. DVD has become much more popular in the
    > meantime. I'm sure a lot of people missed the boat, and a re-release would
    > prompt the opening of a few wallets.

    Okay, you're not making sense here. First you say you're WAITING for a
    Special Edition of SPACEBALLS, now you claim it's been done. I am 99%
    sure that the current "Special Edition" is the only version that has
    been released, and if there was a previous DVD of SPACEBALLS, that
    makes it *twice* as unlikely that an anamorphic "Specialer Edition"
    will ever be released. Face it, it may be Mel Brooks, but it isn't
    "Birth Of A Nation" or "Citizen Kane". Next you'll be telling me you
    won't buy it until the Criterion Edition comes out. I wouldn't hold
    your breath for THAT one.
    Max Volume, Jun 28, 2003