Re: Where\'s Robin Hood: Men In Tights?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Geo H, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Geo H

    Geo H Guest

    Aaron J. Bossig <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > > Anyone know what the story is?

    > > Well, there's these guys, and they wear tights...
    > >
    > > Oh. Nevermind. ;)
    > >

    > > Actually, I think it was released on Laserdisc, but no DVD yet. The
    > > DVD for SPACEBALLS is really quite good, especially for $9.99,

    > Spaceballs isn't anamorphic. That's the only reason it's not on my shelf.
    >
    > > Anyone else think that a "Men In Black" parody would be a great idea
    > > for a cover design?

    > It'd be nice to have something besides the "5 arrows" cover of previous
    > releases. Yeah, why not?

    Actually, as the movie was a parody of Prince of Thieves, the cover
    for Men in Tights is ordainly fitting...I dont think that the
    cleverness of an MIB theme would have come across to many people,
    although I do agree - its been overdone.

    On a side note, as my daughter is a big Robin Hood fan, we took a look
    at PrinCESS of Thieves (by Disney if I'm not mistaken), a continuing
    story on the daughter of Robin and Marion and found it somewhat
    entertaining in a Girl's-side-of-the-story sort of way for younger
    female RH fans. Certainly no big hit by any means, but a nice addition
    to the younger's medieval fantasy library.

    Geo H, Jun 27, 2003