  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    in a pst file - where its located is your choice - usually c:\windows or
    similar - just do a search for *.pst and it should turn up - I'm assuming
    this is from home and not connecting to an Exchange server in which case its
    a different kettle of fish...

    "Daniel Farley" <spam@bites_the_dust_.again> wrote in message
    news:S9R4b.134554$...
    > I want to be able to back up my mesages, calender and todo list, and

    adress

    Martin, Sep 2, 2003

  2. no exchange server, should menchon its running under xp. tho but looks like
    its just c:\windows.

    How can i change this to another location?

    (dose this file have all my info in it? including acount setup info??)

    Daniel

    Daniel Farley, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    It has all your mail in it but not the account setup - that is stored in the
    registry (if i recall correctly)

    Just quit Outlook, move the PST file to the new location - when you next
    start Outlook it will fail to find the PST and ask you to browse to it.

    cheers

    martin

    Martin, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Martin

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <PnU4b.134740$>,
    spam@bites_the_dust_.again says...
    > no exchange server, should menchon its running under xp. tho but looks like
    > its just c:\windows.
    >
    > How can i change this to another location?
    >
    > (dose this file have all my info in it? including acount setup info??)

    There are other files.

    Mainlander, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Martin

    Steven H Guest

    In article <PnU4b.134740$>,
    spam@bites_the_dust_.again says...
    > no exchange server, should menchon its running under xp. tho but looks like
    > its just c:\windows.
    >
    > How can i change this to another location?

    if your running xp then the pst file in windows dir is not the one your
    looking for.

    here is how to track down the file.

    note: im using outlook xp so there may be something that is diffrent
    open up outlook
    get into the folder list
    - this is the window that lists all the folders in the pst file.
    up at the top there will be a entry called something along the lines of
    - Outlook Today (Personal Folders)
    Right Click on it

    Select Propertys
    click Advanced

    in the dialouge taht appears there will be several grey (disabled) text
    boxes. the one you want is called
    - FileName

    in this textbox is the full path to that pst file.

    the pst file holds everything apart from the following
    - Email Rules
    - Outlook Bar organization

    but everything else will be in it.

    as far as changing it to another location, as far as i know of - you
    cant. if you ever find a way tell me because im kinda sick to death of
    having to back up ~50 mb of pst files all the time.

    Steven H

    Steven H, Sep 2, 2003