Re: Where did the .lnk files come from?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ben Myers, Feb 12, 2007.

  1. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Go to http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
    Scroll down to "LNK (Shortcut) File Association Fix", download
    the zip file, unzip the ".reg" file to your desktop and double-click it.
    You may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Feb 12, 2007

  2. Ben Myers

    Michael Guest

    Ben Myers wrote:

    > Go to http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
    > Scroll down to "LNK (Shortcut) File Association Fix", download
    > the zip file, unzip the ".reg" file to your desktop and double-click it.
    > You may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.
    >
    > Ben

    Thanks Ben, much appreciated...
    :)
    Michael