Re: Where can I get "facial recognition" to sort photos?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, May 28, 2011.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 27 May 2011 21:17:56 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-05-27 20:56:47 -0700, Peter Jason <> said:
    >
    >> Windows Live Photo Gallery doesn't have it.
    >>
    >> I have hundreds of random color photos and I want to sort them
    >> automatically by facial recognition.
    >>
    >> Where can I get a program to do this?
    >>
    >> Peter

    >Well face recognition and sorting is a feature iPhoto has, but you
    >would have need a Mac to run it.
    >< http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/what-is.html#organize-photos >
    >
    >As for something similar for Windows, I have no idea.

    Picasa offers it. He can Google for a link.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, May 28, 2011

  2. On May 28, 5:59 am, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 May 2011 21:17:56 -0700, Savageduck
    >

    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > >On 2011-05-27 20:56:47 -0700, Peter Jason <> said:

    > >> Windows Live Photo Gallery doesn't have it.

    > >> I have hundreds of random color photos and I want to sort them
    > >> automatically by facial recognition.

    > >> Where can I get a program to do this?

    > >> Peter

    > >Well face recognition and sorting is a feature iPhoto has, but you
    > >would have need a Mac to run it.
    > ><http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/what-is.html#organize-photos>

    > >As for something similar for Windows, I have no idea.

    > Picasa offers it.  He can Google for a link.
    >
    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    I use it and it works great.

    DanP
    Sebnem Kurt Petre, May 28, 2011

  3. tony cooper

    DaveS Guest

    On 5/28/2011 1:49 AM, Sebnem Kurt Petre wrote:
    > On May 28, 5:59 am, tony cooper<> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 27 May 2011 21:17:56 -0700, Savageduck
    >>

    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Well face recognition and sorting is a feature iPhoto has, but you
    >>> would have need a Mac to run it.
    >>> <http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/what-is.html#organize-photos>

    >>> As for something similar for Windows, I have no idea.

    >> Picasa offers it. He can Google for a link.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    > I use it and it works great.
    >
    > DanP

    What does it do for you?
    I doubt it can tell one face from another, so you use it to sort
    pictures with faces from pictures without faces?

    Dave S.
    DaveS, May 28, 2011
  4. tony cooper

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 05/28/2011 02:33 PM, DaveS wrote:

    > What does it do for you?
    > I doubt it can tell one face from another,

    Actually, it does, and fairly well...

    > so you use it to sort
    > pictures with faces from pictures without faces?

    In fact it recognizes faces in some pictures where it shouldn't (who is
    that new person?)

    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, May 29, 2011
  5. On May 28, 7:33 am, DaveS <> wrote:
    > On 5/28/2011 1:49 AM, Sebnem Kurt Petre wrote:
    >

    > > On May 28, 5:59 am, tony cooper<>  wrote:

    > >> Picasa offers it.  He can Google for a link.

    > >> --
    > >> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    > > I use it and it works great.

    > > DanP

    > What does it do for you?
    > I doubt it can tell one face from another, so you use it to sort
    > pictures with faces from pictures without faces?

    Can't speak to Picasa specifically, but in general, yes, recognizing
    *individual* faces is
    exactly what's being talked about. It's the hot feature of the year
    for photo organizer
    software (and I can see why, if any of them are any good).

    I had a brief brush with a Facebook feature doing this the other week,
    and it
    didn't do very well, but I hear better reports from other places.
    David Dyer-Bennet, May 31, 2011