Re: Where are the downloads?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Miller wrote:
    > *Darlington* wrote:
    >> I downloaded several software with MozillaFF and can't find them. I was not
    >> given a choice as to where to save them. Where does MozillaFF store the
    >> downloaded software?

    > In the Addressbar of FF type in about:config an hit enter.
    > Then filter for "download" in the next window.
    > browser.download.dir, browser.download.downloadDir or especially
    > browser.download.lastDir should point you in the right direction.
    >
    > HTH, M.

    actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads
    will tell you things you need to know.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 19, 2008

  2. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

    Darlington Guest

    wrote in message news:gb0dsg$3tk$...
    > Miller wrote:
    >> *Darlington* wrote:
    >>> I downloaded several software with MozillaFF and can't find them. I was
    >>> not given a choice as to where to save them. Where does MozillaFF store
    >>> the downloaded software?

    >> In the Addressbar of FF type in about:config an hit enter.
    >> Then filter for "download" in the next window.
    >> browser.download.dir, browser.download.downloadDir or especially
    >> browser.download.lastDir should point you in the right direction.
    >>
    >> HTH, M.

    > actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads will tell you
    > things you need to know.

    Sorry, that information was not there under Tools etc.

    Darlington, Sep 19, 2008

  3. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

    John Doe Guest

    "Darlington" <> wrote:
    > "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"

    >> actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads will tell
    >> you things you need to know.

    > Sorry, that information was not there under Tools etc.

    It is.
    Maybe you didn't click on "Main".

    John Doe, Sep 20, 2008
  4. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

    Darlington Guest

    wrote in message news:gb15mc$1gi$...
    > Darlington wrote:
    >> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads will tell you
    >>> things you need to know.

    >> Sorry, that information was not there under Tools etc.

    > then you're not looking. See the image here:
    > http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1403/downloadoh7.png

    I have FF 3 open right now. That picture doesn't remotely resemble the
    version of Mozilla FF I have (3.0.1). On the main tab therea are warnings
    about installing addons and below that passwords. At the bottom you choose
    which warnings you want to see.

    Darlington, Sep 20, 2008
  5. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

    Darlington Guest

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    > "Darlington" <> wrote:
    >> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"

    >>> actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads will tell
    >>> you things you need to know.

    >> Sorry, that information was not there under Tools etc.

    > It is.
    > Maybe you didn't click on "Main".

    YES!!!! I was dark so I wrongly assumed it was selected. Thanks. I found
    it. :^)

    Darlington, Sep 20, 2008