Re: When will Thunderbird support sort in place (in context sort)?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Ron Natalie, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Ron Natalie

    Ron Natalie Guest

    In article <>, Captain Dondo <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 04:10:15 +0000, Al Mulnick wrote:
    >
    >> For example, with Eudora, you just press ALT and then left click on a
    >> subject header to instantly group JUST the related messages, leaving all
    >> other messages as they were.
    >>
    >> Or, for example, you press ALT and then click on the sender's name to
    >> instantly group JUST those messages from that sender, again leaving all
    >> other messages in order and in place.

    >??? Thunderbird can sort by subject, author, thread, date.... And can
    >search by same.
    >
    >Not sure how this is different from 'context sort'?

    Face the facts. TB, being an all volunteer project, isn't intended for
    professional users.

    All TB can do is sort the entire mailbox which obviously not what heavy
    users need.

    Switch back to Eudora (I did) or one of the many professional mail clients,
    all of which can easily group based on the subject, author, date, etc without
    sorting the entire mailbox.

    Ron Natalie, Feb 2, 2006