    For more info:
    In Google in the exact phrase box enter: "digital camera" cold AND
    condensation

    Dave, Dec 9, 2007

  2. Dave

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <K2T6j.2412$0O1.1929@trnddc05>, Dave <>
    wrote:

    > For what it's worth:
    > When I got my new Panasonic DMC-FZ50 about a year ago, it was 22 °F outside
    > and 66°F and 43% humidity inside.
    > The camera was outside at my doorstep. I was excited to see the camera so I
    > brought it inside, opened the box and looked it over.
    > In about 20 seconds, I saw (to my horror) condensation fogging up all the
    > metal parts. Put it right back into the box and taped it shut then reopened
    > it after an hour or two. Well,
    > thankfully it survived with no apparent damage.
    >
    > With my limited budget and the very high cost of a good camera, I'd rather
    > err on the side of caution.

    Why don't you post this about 15 more times?

    Mr. Strat, Dec 9, 2007

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <K2T6j.2412$0O1.1929@trnddc05>, Dave <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> For what it's worth:
    >> When I got my new Panasonic DMC-FZ50 about a year ago, it was 22 °F
    >> outside
    >> and 66°F and 43% humidity inside.
    >> The camera was outside at my doorstep. I was excited to see the camera so
    >> brought it inside, opened the box and looked it over.
    >> In about 20 seconds, I saw (to my horror) condensation fogging up all the
    >> metal parts. Put it right back into the box and taped it shut then
    >> reopened
    >> it after an hour or two. Well,
    >> thankfully it survived with no apparent damage.
    >>
    >> With my limited budget and the very high cost of a good camera, I'd
    >> rather
    >> err on the side of caution.

    > Why don't you post this about 15 more times?

    Didn't mean to annoy you. Please, just ignore.

    Dave, Dec 9, 2007
  4. Dave

    erin thomas Guest

    On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 16:02:55 GMT, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >"Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <K2T6j.2412$0O1.1929@trnddc05>, Dave <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> For what it's worth:
    >>> When I got my new Panasonic DMC-FZ50 about a year ago, it was 22 °F
    >>> outside
    >>> and 66°F and 43% humidity inside.
    >>> The camera was outside at my doorstep. I was excited to see the camera so
    >>> brought it inside, opened the box and looked it over.
    >>> In about 20 seconds, I saw (to my horror) condensation fogging up all the
    >>> metal parts. Put it right back into the box and taped it shut then
    >>> reopened
    >>> it after an hour or two. Well,
    >>> thankfully it survived with no apparent damage.
    >>>
    >>> With my limited budget and the very high cost of a good camera, I'd
    >>> rather
    >>> err on the side of caution.

    >> Why don't you post this about 15 more times?

    >Didn't mean to annoy you. Please, just ignore.

    On the contrary. Mr Strat is one of the many resident role-playing trolls in
    this newsgroup. Another one living out the life of a virtual "photographer" with
    only a virtual camera that he spotted on a web page somewhere. His main thrill
    is seeing if he can fool real photographers into thinking he must be one. Annoy
    him all you can. He's a perfect waste of human flesh.

    erin thomas, Dec 9, 2007
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "erin thomas" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 16:02:55 GMT, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message

    >>> Why don't you post this about 15 more times?

    >>Didn't mean to annoy you. Please, just ignore.
    >>

    > On the contrary. Mr Strat is one of the many resident role-playing trolls
    > in
    > this newsgroup. Another one living out the life of a virtual
    > "photographer" with
    > only a virtual camera that he spotted on a web page somewhere. His main
    > thrill
    > is seeing if he can fool real photographers into thinking he must be one.
    > Annoy
    > him all you can. He's a perfect waste of human flesh.

    Thanks for the heads-up.

    Dave, Dec 9, 2007
  6. Dave

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <>, erin thomas
    <> wrote:

    > On the contrary. Mr Strat is one of the many resident role-playing trolls in
    > this newsgroup. Another one living out the life of a virtual "photographer"
    > with
    > only a virtual camera that he spotted on a web page somewhere. His main thrill
    > is seeing if he can fool real photographers into thinking he must be one. Annoy
    > him all you can. He's a perfect waste of human flesh.

    Get some talent, then maybe we can talk.

    Mr. Strat, Dec 10, 2007
  7. Dave

    John Turco Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <K2T6j.2412$0O1.1929@trnddc05>, Dave <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> For what it's worth:
    > >> When I got my new Panasonic DMC-FZ50 about a year ago, it was 22 °F
    > >> outside and 66°F and 43% humidity inside.
    > >> The camera was outside at my doorstep. I was excited to see the camera so
    > >> I brought it inside, opened the box and looked it over.
    > >> In about 20 seconds, I saw (to my horror) condensation fogging up all the
    > >> metal parts. Put it right back into the box and taped it shut then
    > >> reopened it after an hour or two. Well,
    > >> thankfully it survived with no apparent damage.
    > >>
    > >> With my limited budget and the very high cost of a good camera, I'd
    > >> rather err on the side of caution.

    > > Why don't you post this about 15 more times?

    > Didn't mean to annoy you. Please, just ignore.

    Hello, Dave:

    Please, don't be afraid to post anything you happen to deem helpful --
    except, from your subsequent contributions to this thread, I see that
    you've taken "Mr. Strat" literally on his word. <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Dec 12, 2007