Re: What's This?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Frosty, Apr 11, 2007.

  1. Frosty

    Frosty Guest

    On 11 Apr 2007 06:46:12 GMT in alt.fan.cecil-adams Blinky the Shark
    <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    instead wrote :

    >What's this? Link and question from another group.
    >
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ150110519267
    >
    >No guesses I think are good, and no guesses that have received any
    >agreement.

    You should be poasting this here. These guys know everything!
    It's proably some kind of Australian medical device.

    Frosty, Apr 11, 2007

  2. Frosty

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-04-11, Frosty <> wrote:
    > On 11 Apr 2007 06:46:12 GMT in alt.fan.cecil-adams Blinky the Shark
    > <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    > instead wrote :
    >
    >>What's this? Link and question from another group.
    >>
    >>http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ150110519267
    >>
    >>No guesses I think are good, and no guesses that have received any
    >>agreement.

    > You should be poasting this here. These guys know everything!
    > It's proably some kind of Australian medical device.

    It's an insect trap. Some sweet liquid is placed in the lower part, and
    wasps etc are attracted to it, find the way in through the small hole in
    the cover, then can't find the way out. This one looks as though it would
    catch many different things.

    <http://www.dibro.co.nz/wasptrap.html>
    <http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/IN080>

    If you go here with 'Flash' enabled, you can see an animation of a similar
    trap in operation <http://www.wasptrap.com.au/>.

    Some designs are more specific eg to not trap bees
    <http://www.trapawasp.co.uk/bee_friendly_glass_wasp_trap.htm>

    They don't have to be transparent
    <http://www.cucinadirect.com/go/Product_6943.html>.

    --