Re: whats this error about?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. Aka the msblast worm. Aka: lovesan worm

    try looking for MSBLAST.EXE too.

    Here's one of a trillion sites explaining the worm and it's removal.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

    Rusty

    "JabberSmith" <> wrote in message
    > You have the msbasher.exe worm. It's bad. And new this morning. You

    should
    > take the machine off the internet and get cleaned.
    >
    > Delete "msbasher.exe"
    >
    > Remove the "windows auto update" from the RUN portion of Windows in the
    > registry.
    >
    > Then get patched AND get a firewall (this one requires both).
    >
    > It's going to be an interesting week.
    >

    > "saqib" <> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > > just started my pc up as normal today, but found that after bein

    connected

    Rusty Shackleford, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Rusty Shackleford

    Clarissa Guest

    Thank you very much! It worked! Clarissa

    Clarissa, Aug 25, 2003