Re: What's the deal with this cheap OEM software?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, May 17, 2010.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm including the link to the site my email sent me to, but I am not trying to
    > sell anytyhing by inserting the link here. I'd just like to know if this is a
    > reputable company? I know the old saying "If it's too good to be true, it
    > probably is". But Office 2010 Professional for $49.95??? I'd appreciate any
    > info. Thanks.
    >
    > http://joysnetlow.com/p_web_images/ms3/msofferoffice.htm

    Did you do a WhoIs on the domain? Are you really willing to hand over
    your credit card to a Chinese vendor who claims to be selling legit
    software at a fraction of the normal price (and for a product whose
    sales are NOT depressed), especially for betaware that hasn't been
    released yet? Anyone can charge you for the free download of the beta
    from Microsoft. It's their "handling" charge.

    Their content links come from areafastaccess.com, another Chinese site,
    already in Spamhaus.
    (http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL90531)

    If it was really the super great deal it professes, do you really think
    they would have to spam it? Duh! Why are you reading spam e-mails?
    You can't recognize unknown senders spewing out crap wanting your money?
    Del key broke on your keyboard?
    VanguardLH, May 17, 2010